Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress  (Read 92988 times)

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2013, 06:38:46 am »
I guess we can start counting from yesterday - the whole week of waiting before picking up the save :P. So yeah... Jeff has time until 19.02.2013 to get on with it :P. If not I'll be getting my own sweet battle with Forgotten Beast :D. And one more dwarf to be alive.

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2013, 06:54:53 am »
Any progress? :/

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2013, 12:49:11 pm »
Doesn't seem like it. I'll be picking the saves tomorrow if Jeff won't put them up here :P. So the game will continue!

And I sure hope that this beast won't kick my dwarven hairy ass!

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2013, 06:54:03 am »
While I was waiting for my turn I thought I'd play around with the 3D visualizer. Here is Ragcopper in 3D:

(At the end of my reign that is)

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2013, 11:23:43 am »
Heh, sadly it doesn't show amount of bodies and blood sprinkled everywhere :P. It is however a good thing to start above ground fortifications :D.

BTW. How does guarding tower look in 3D visualizer?

Also I'll be naming every dwarf in my turn. So if somebody is dead or something then a juicy 'II' will be created near their name. I'll use forum names, but if I run out then a game characters or something will be used.

So if you want a guy with some specific profession then drop a post and it'll be done! :D

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
  • I just came here to read homestuck and honestly
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2013, 09:13:51 pm »
what? i was supposed to do shit? why didn't you warn me! you ass! i had a buisness trip, and i had no phone, no laptop, no nothing!
Words, I don't know.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2013, 07:01:32 am »
Welp, it's not like we were hiding anything :P. The order of turns was estabilished some time ago - and since your turn is after: wallace, xmorg, you and me... and then round around again. If you promise swift turn then you can pick up the save... and if not I'll get the turn done tomorrow (terrible hangover today & muscle pains after fun at skating ring). And you can pick up afterwards.

Because something needs to be done, or we all die from boredom :P.

BTW. On the other note... If somebody wants a game of Crusader Kings 2 over Steam then I'm all in! Nickname over there is 'furryseat' (DON'T. ASK. I was young, stupid and didn't know english well).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:54:30 am by maheusz »

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2013, 02:44:54 am »
I've only got the save from my turn and as the internet is sloow at my place I'll upload a picture when it comes to my turn. 40mb takes a while :( Speaking of turns have we sorted out who's go it is?

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2013, 11:56:21 am »
Yup since Jeff went on the trip without saying the save is mine now :P. I'll give it to him afterwards... and then it's normal order of business again :).

Welp, 40 mb? What kind of pictures are you taking? :>

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2013, 12:54:56 am »
haha I mean the save files. 40mb for a picture would be pretty big xD. I'm looking forward to my turn, sounds like a lot has changed since I last saw it.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2013, 06:22:35 am »
Well, guys I'm already on winter in my turn - a lot of stuff happened. Later this day I'll be getting my 'journal' on site with pictures and stuff. But few things that has been done:

- I've named EVERY dwarf in the fortress, these range from few guys from the forums to different heroes/villians/stuff; 173 dwarves (for now);
- aboveground fortress part is being remade - bigger gates (two tiles is too little for a wagon to enter); eastern wall was lenghtened; refuse pile moved; some earth channeled;
- four or five Forgotten Beasts - and one Hill Titan (made from salt, lol), which means casualities are mounting up;
- there is probably some tainted blood somewhere because dwarves drop dead randomly (they bleed to death), I've decided to seal the wells and make another one - if I won't do it fast enough then you'll need to finish the job;
- more housings are being made, but it's still not enough;
- cemetary is finished for now (fully engraved), but it still needs more coffins... a lot more! :P;
- copper armor for everyone!

Stay tuned for new save and new fun! Also the Forgotten snake Beast that I was fighting in the beginning of my turn slaughtered like ten dwarves. Sadface.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:24:32 am by maheusz »

wallace

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2013, 07:48:04 am »
Sounds good :) The dwarves dropping dead isn't a vampire is it? I hate those things :(

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2013, 08:12:54 am »
Nah, not a vampire - it would say 'dwarf was found drained of blood' and instead information says 'dwarf bleed to death' just before 'stopping eating: Resting Injury' or whatever dwarf was doing. So yeah... more like epidemy :P.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2013, 05:44:02 pm »
Okay, the journal is done and I'll upload the save as fast as it comes online on mediafire.

Jeff are you there? Should we wait for you, or get another turn done? :P.

edit: link here http://www.mediafire.com/?ujaes5bpdwobh3j
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:13:12 pm by maheusz »

JeffTheShark

• Zoner
  • I just came here to read homestuck and honestly
    • View Profile
    • Something pretentious
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2013, 11:58:05 pm »
ok, i did some shit i need to get DF onto my new laptop, and then some other shit done with. but sure il take the save, i justhave too many projects lol
Words, I don't know.