Author Topic: SPOILERS END GAME  (Read 8186 times)

snake2243

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
SPOILERS END GAME
« on: March 01, 2016, 08:16:04 am »
So are you guys as stoked as I was for the ending. It's way~ to soon to be talking about it, but i hope to god a underrail 2 follows through. Six is such a badass. I hope to see the chemical assault unit makes a strong return as well. I played that kind of theme through the entire game. The CAU Armour was very usefull through out the game and never once showed it's inferiority.

Stupid Faceless not telling me the meaning of there medallion. Or was there a meaning behind it and I just did not figure it out? haha.

How about you guys? How did you feel when you beat this long ass game. I have almost 300 hours clocked into it.

Dizzy

• Zoner
  • How to catch a unique rabbit? You neek' up on it.
    • View Profile
Re: SPOILERS END GAME
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 01:27:03 pm »
So are you guys as stoked as I was for the ending. It's way~ to soon to be talking about it, but i hope to god a underrail 2 follows through. Six is such a badass. I hope to see the chemical assault unit makes a strong return as well. I played that kind of theme through the entire game. The CAU Armour was very usefull through out the game and never once showed it's inferiority.

Stupid Faceless not telling me the meaning of there medallion. Or was there a meaning behind it and I just did not figure it out? haha.

How about you guys? How did you feel when you beat this long ass game. I have almost 300 hours clocked into it.

Felt great to beat this game, besides some unnecessarily tedious mechanics the overall experience was quite enjoyable. 

Hopefully they expand this game, but PLEASE NO Sequel.

snake2243

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 05:21:45 pm »
Expanding/Sequal what is the difference? Why would you not want to see a sequel of this game?

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 06:53:43 pm »
I prefer sequels to endless horde of DLCs anyway...

snake2243

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 01:45:10 am »
I personally don't care witch way it goes as long as it's long fun game to play. 15$ was a steal for me, 300 hours for just 15$ bucks. I would have paid 30$.

Dizzy

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 05:04:58 am »
Ah, the reasons I don't want a sequel are too numerous to count.

1. I don't think the gameplay can get much deeper without becoming too convoluted. (Which some argue it already is)
2. The current plot lines that haven't been resolved could easily be resolved with a big expansion.
3. For a sequel to be warranted, it should build on the game in almost every single way. (More often than not, this doesn't work out for sequels)
4. An expansion is warranted, when pieces of the game can be polished and improved, and utilized in further content. 

With that being said, a sequel wouldn't surprise me. I would just rather an expansion and a new IP from these amazing devs.  <3
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:06:36 am by Dizzy »

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 06:49:23 am »
There's no law that says sequels must be technically distinct from their predecessors. A lot of the best sequels in gaming used practically identical assets and systems to their predecessors. Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate 2, STALKER CoP, etc.

If there is enough content planned for an entire new game, and if it picks up from where the story left off, then for all intents and purposes it is a sequel.

The ending of Underrail practically begs a sequel in North Underrail.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 06:51:33 am by Sanger »

Dizzy

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 11:06:11 am »
There's no law that says sequels must be technically distinct from their predecessors. A lot of the best sequels in gaming used practically identical assets and systems to their predecessors. Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate 2, STALKER CoP, etc.

Or an "expansion" set in North Underrail  ;) Wink Wink

Also, Baldur's 2 was unique enough with the companions that it didn't end up suffering.

blakjak

• Probably not a Spambot
  • sic itur ad astra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 01:34:12 pm »

If there is enough content planned for an entire new game, and if it picks up from where the story left off, then for all intents and purposes it is a sequel.

I agree with this dude, a sequel doesn't have to reinvent the wheel and I feel like that is where some developers have a tendency to hurt their IPs. The nice thing about a sequel would be that should they want to refine anything it seems like it would be easier to do so with an entirely new game.

Dizzy

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 08:43:25 pm »

I agree with this dude, a sequel doesn't have to reinvent the wheel and I feel like that is where some developers have a tendency to hurt their IPs. The nice thing about a sequel would be that should they want to refine anything it seems like it would be easier to do so with an entirely new game.

I hate the idea of having a sequel for "the sake" of having a sequel.

Expand the game that has unfinished plot. Don't make a sequel without finishing the original game please.

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 09:00:40 pm »
You're just getting hung up on semantics though. No idea what you hate about the word sequel so much, but like I said, there are lots of very good sequels that are basically the prior game's assets and engine with a new game's worth of content. Nothing wrong with it.

Dizzy

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 10:20:53 pm »
You're just getting hung up on semantics though. No idea what you hate about the word sequel so much, but like I said, there are lots of very good sequels that are basically the prior game's assets and engine with a new game's worth of content. Nothing wrong with it.

It isn't that there's something terribly wrong with it.

Just would hate to see a boring rehash, instead of expanding the original game.

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 11:05:37 pm »
I would be very happy with a sequel that built on the first game, and in which virtually all of the development time had gone into adding new content and new assets in a new area, rather than half of it having gone into building another game more or less from the ground up.

snake2243

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2016, 02:55:49 am »
I see where he is coming from, guess I should be more specific with my intention. Ultimately I am just excited to see more of under-rail weather it be a sequel or expansion. I just want more. Period.

Dizzy

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 05:52:46 am »
I see where he is coming from, guess I should be more specific with my intention. Ultimately I am just excited to see more of under-rail weather it be a sequel or expansion. I just want more. Period.

Me and you both man! <3