Author Topic: Where do you find high-quality pig leather?  (Read 3954 times)

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Where do you find high-quality pig leather?
« on: September 10, 2017, 10:47:02 am »
I only know of a few places in the lower underrail caves where pigs will spawn, and they only drop pig leather up to a quality of 50 or so, are there more pigs/warthogs somewhere that are higher-leveled or is this it and you have to infuse and use Skinner to go higher?

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you find high-quality pig leather?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 11:11:28 am »
On high-quality pigs.

Sorry. Yes, the best you'll get is from warthogs and it won't go very high (I've seen as high as QL63 personally). For high quality leather you need to infuse, but the QL will leap way up if you use high quality fibres. For example if you use QL155+ fibres and QL63 pig leather you'll end up with infused pig leather over QL160.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 07:58:34 pm »
Thanks, I decided to finally complete 'kill the beast' because of all this (first time after 2 full runs!)

Too bad I had bad luck and only got 75 quality super steel, I only realised fairly late that it was so close to the low end (70 is the minimum) and I already made some pig tabi boots, will have to redo the process before I go to DC.

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 08:20:13 pm »
Super steel randomisation can be annoying. If you're getting nothing but rubbish plates and you begin to get sick of it, you can savescum it, but the quality of the plates is determined when you commission them, so you have to use speedhack or similar.

LordReptor

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 10:53:48 pm »
I just killed pigs for what seemed years - I even sought out and murdered the friendly warthog in the Ironhead camp. Then Al Fabet sold me sixty quality pig leather within five minutes of me giving up and going to sell my loot. He stood in my way, I decided to look at his brain for sale, and I got my stupid pig leather. Now I'll go see how good my super steel is.

Amannamedsquid

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 02:25:11 am »
Fatso is a unique warthog who drops very high quality pig leather. You can find him in the hunting grounds, which is across the river from Camp Hathor.

MayDay

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 09:14:39 pm »
Fatso is a unique warthog who drops very high quality pig leather. You can find him in the hunting grounds, which is across the river from Camp Hathor.

True but he would need to have the DLC to get there (As far as  i Know you need a jetski to get there)
18 Naked Pipeworkers