Author Topic: (Spoiler) Puzzle help. (Again)  (Read 21932 times)

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
    • My primary forum account. (German, no advertising.)
(Spoiler) Puzzle help. (Again)
« on: July 23, 2019, 06:08:51 pm »
*Had to repost this topic because half of the text was just gone.*

Hey,

I've been playing the expedition so far and i lie it but i need some help.
Cuz there is no wiki to help me ineed to ask you, the beta testers for help.

I'm currently at the nexus of tech. in the floor for sec. tech.
I need help with that puzzle for that 4 digit code.
I read that music thing but i still don't know how to decode it.

Any help is welcome but i preffer hints how i decode it, the code itself or just uhm...cookies!

Have a nice day. :)

-Azura
You can contact me on Discord if you want.
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

ARedKangaroo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: (Spoiler) Puzzle help. (Again)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 08:23:21 am »
I have the exact same problem. I managed to solve the cipher but I can't figure out how the information in the octave keys relates to the cipher. If there's any logic in it or I'm supposed to brute force it. For example, there are lots of fours in the keys, but how do I know which four refers to which letter when it there could be 10 possible options. Maybe I'm missing something.

But yes help would be good.

ARedKangaroo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 10:23:10 am »
I solved it. To all those who are struggling read this.

Firstly, there are two sets of info you need. One is one the Admin level on a computer and contains a text of Musical notes, the only one you need to note down is the code and it'll look something like (Bb C A B) in musical notation.

Next is the info on the terminal next to the vault in the Security Tech section. In this you'll find a set of Interval and Octave keys for each person who worked there. Find the one that matches Mickey (he was the person whose terminal you got the code from, not sure if it changes) and note down the 1st and 3rd interval keys (Major third, perfect 6th, whatever it is) and the 3rd number in the octave keys (they should all have the same 3rd number). The rest is fluff if you're only interested in getting into the vault.

To make the cipher for the numbers you'll need to read a little about music theory but if you don't want to, the interval keys match a number called a semitone. Let's say you have interval keys of major 7th (11 semitones) and minor 6th (8 semitones) add these together and then count through the 12 notes of an octave C to B until you've raised it by 19 in our case our cipher will start at the note G, which corresponds to the letter Y (because the 3rd block of octaves corresponds to Y, Z and numbers 0-9 which is what we want).

Following through the musical notes you'll find that Ab=Z, A=0, Bb-1 etc. This means our code from the example above will be 1302.

Hope this helps, write if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:25:47 am by ARedKangaroo »

belial12

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 12:41:56 am »
I solved it. To all those who are struggling read this.

Firstly, there are two sets of info you need. One is one the Admin level on a computer and contains a text of Musical notes, the only one you need to note down is the code and it'll look something like (Bb C A B) in musical notation.

Next is the info on the terminal next to the vault in the Security Tech section. In this you'll find a set of Interval and Octave keys for each person who worked there. Find the one that matches Mickey (he was the person whose terminal you got the code from, not sure if it changes) and note down the 1st and 3rd interval keys (Major third, perfect 6th, whatever it is) and the 3rd number in the octave keys (they should all have the same 3rd number). The rest is fluff if you're only interested in getting into the vault.

To make the cipher for the numbers you'll need to read a little about music theory but if you don't want to, the interval keys match a number called a semitone. Let's say you have interval keys of major 7th (11 semitones) and minor 6th (8 semitones) add these together and then count through the 12 notes of an octave C to B until you've raised it by 19 in our case our cipher will start at the note G, which corresponds to the letter Y (because the 3rd block of octaves corresponds to Y, Z and numbers 0-9 which is what we want).

Following through the musical notes you'll find that Ab=Z, A=0, Bb-1 etc. This means our code from the example above will be 1302.

Hope this helps, write if you have any questions.

So what is the 3rd number in the octave keys used for? feel like i don't quite understand that part yet.

Edit:
you know, I'm just going to give up on this one, have no idea what's going on here.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 01:01:37 am by belial12 »

jjeeff185

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 05:48:58 am »
+ Do we just use the first 4 notes from Mickey's comp?
I also don't see where the Octave key comes in at like the above poster.

Edit: If I use what you say it comes out like:
my music is: F# Eb G A
with major 7th (11), major 2nd , major 7th (11) = rising it 22 semitones
C=0 C#=1 ect.
So my code should be 6379 (but that code does not work)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 06:59:39 am by jjeeff185 »

ARedKangaroo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 07:41:01 am »
I was going to edit that part out because the octave keys are only important if you want to solve the rest of the cipher for the alphabet and find their favourite musical pieces. But anyway, make sure you check the interval keys for Mickey (or whoever's code you found on the computer on the Admin level, not sure if it changes) in the computer next to the vault, if you use anybody else's keys it won't work.

For the example F# Eb G A, with interval keys of Major 7th and Major 7th (each 11 semitones as you said) you'll start with Y at A#/Bb, which then means the code should be as you said. This is the way I solved it. If you like you can post some screenshots from both of the terminals with the code and the interval keys and I'll have a look later.

jjeeff185

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 08:16:19 am »
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/jjeeff185/music_code.png
(sorry about the watermark)
This is an Image that has the information from both of the computers.
Edit: I think I see my problem from looking at the screen shot how could I have missed that...
Edit2: my code should actually be F# Eb G Ab = 6378 but that does not work ether.

The only thing I can think of is that I'm using the wrong piece of the music, am I?
Edit3: Do you think its glitched and it just wont except the password?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 10:00:24 am by jjeeff185 »

ARedKangaroo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 10:35:22 am »
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/jjeeff185/music_code.png
(sorry about the watermark)
This is an Image that has the information from both of the computers.
Edit: I think I see my problem from looking at the screen shot how could I have missed that...
Edit2: my code should actually be F# Eb G Ab = 6378 but that does not work ether.

The only thing I can think of is that I'm using the wrong piece of the music, am I?
Edit3: Do you think its glitched and it just wont except the password?

You're looking at the wrong screen for the admin computer. The code to the door is not part of that text, it says it somewhere else in that same mail specifically what the notes for the code are, below I think. I will try to find an example for you in a moment.

Edit: See below in the image. The code should be included with this text. It's in the admin computer under the 2nd option.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 10:44:22 am by ARedKangaroo »

jjeeff185

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 10:48:39 am »
That does not show up for me at all.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/jjeeff185/music_code2.png

Off to report a fresh glitch I guess.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 10:56:15 am by jjeeff185 »

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2019, 12:04:12 pm »
Hey,

I think we should just post that code here cuz i have the same bug where i don't see the encrypted code.

-Azura
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 01:52:22 pm »
Hey,

I think we should just post that code here cuz i have the same bug where i don't see the encrypted code.

-Azura
The texts and keys are randomized each run, that won't do you any good.

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2019, 02:19:45 pm »
Hey,

Oh, ok. Well guess i'll never get that item.
Can you post a screenshot of that item? Bc. i at least want to know it's stats and what it does.
But thaks for the reply.

-Azura
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 02:21:53 pm by Azura »
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 02:24:55 pm »
Hey,

Oh, ok. Well guess i'll never get that item.
Can you post a screenshot of that item? Bc. i at least want to know it's stats and what it does.
But thaks for the reply.

-Azura
Don't give up yet, I'm sure this is going to be fixed eventually.

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2019, 02:45:38 pm »
Hey,

Well, ok but is the Item at least worth all the trouble for a lvl 30 char with super strong crafted energypistols with like 2k crit?

You know what? Forget that above, i'm a unique collector. :)

-Azura
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

jjeeff185

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2019, 10:00:53 pm »
Supposedly its not a glitch at all and the numbers are hidden some where in the music notes according to PhrygianDominant .

https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=4142.0

Not that I can find the password even with all that information I decoded the whole song with the 22 semitone shift key and entered in as many number combination I could see and still no luck. I'm off to print it out and try again in-case I made a mistake typing in a possible code.

F# Eb G Ab A# Eb G G   B B A# Eb G   A   C# B E F# G C# Eb

Eb C# D G E F# Eb G Eb D Ab   A   E F# Eb G G A F# Eb

Eb D Eb   Ab Eb   Eb D Eb   Ab F# Eb   G A D

C# A A# Ab G D F   E Eb A F#   A# G F F# Ab   G D   D B F# A D Eb G G

6 3 7 8 y 3 7 7   z z y 3 7   9   1 z 4 6 7 1 3

3 1 2 7 4 6 3 7 3 2 8   9   4 6 3 7 7 9 6 3

3 2 3   8 3   3 2 3   8 6 3   7 9 2

1 9 y 8 7 2 5   4 3 9 6   y 7 5 6 8   7 2   2 z 6 9 2 3 7 7

Edit: I have entered every possible code from these numbers, I even deleted the letters and entered those possible codes. So the only thing I can gather from this is that I made some critical error somewhere.
Edit2: Am I supposed to decode the actual written messages and use that as some sort of secondary cipher?
Edit3: I think I need a real life version of the Huxkey to solve this.
Edit4: I have no clue how to proceed from here so unless someone can point me in the proper direction I might have to give up on this no matter how much I don't want to.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 10:43:56 pm by jjeeff185 »