Author Topic: Non-leathal Weapons and Subdue  (Read 3448 times)

blackmoor

• Zoner
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow
    • View Profile
Non-leathal Weapons and Subdue
« on: May 02, 2013, 08:36:05 pm »
The stealth mechanic in Underrail is a lot of fun and the game already features one non-lethal weapon, the tranquillizer dart. I'd like to suggestion expanding these ideas, including three new non-lethal weapons and a new ability called "subdue" which doesn't turn NPCs hostile automatically (only if you are caught).

New items:
- Chloroform soaked Rags
- Sleeping Gas Grenades
- "Knock-out" Tasers gun

For example, I just want to be able to sneak up behind a guard without being detected, put them to sleep, open whatever door they are guarding and move on without engaging in combat and turning the entire population hostile. Maybe it's an action that could have it's own suspicion meter, similar to the pickpocket mechanic.

If anything like this is possible, I think it would enhance the stealthy character experience greatly.

Deckard

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Non-leathal Weapons and Subdue
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 08:25:38 pm »
These are great ideas, and would enhance the stealth gameplay and add subdue elements increasing the variety of gameplay styles possible.
Other options might be the ability to hide subdued or defeated opponents so as to not incite hostility as long s the are moved out of view.

blackmoor

• Zoner
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 09:21:57 pm »
These are great ideas, and would enhance the stealth gameplay and add subdue elements increasing the variety of gameplay styles possible.
Other options might be the ability to hide subdued or defeated opponents so as to not incite hostility as long s the are moved out of view.

Thanks, stealth game mechanics are always fun. While a complex concealment and detection mechanic would be great, such a complex new mechanic might be considered Feature Creep. I'd settle for guards simply not caring if their buddy is asleep, as long as they don't see the player subduing him.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:25:42 pm by blackmoor »

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 12:24:18 pm »
There is a fucking bot...