Author Topic: Two-headed Mutant  (Read 4341 times)

Sithicus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Two-headed Mutant
« on: August 31, 2019, 11:03:36 pm »
What are the chances of finding Two-headed Mutant in the Old Junkyard? I went through the place 3 times on Dominating difficulty and so far no bueno
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 11:06:27 pm by Sithicus »

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Two-headed Mutant
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 11:11:53 pm »
2 of my maybe 12-15 characters through depot A

With one particular character I tried to find it with, I cleared depot A north probably a dozen times, nada.  The two I did see it with, it was their first time.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 05:30:11 pm »
20+ characters through Depot A. Hard+Oddity mode. Never seen the thing.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 08:43:05 am »
Two-headed mutant is really annoying.
I'm pretty sure it's set to only ever spawn once per run.
So for instance if you quickly run through a map or retreat or whatever, some kind of flag gets set in your savegame or character, and the two-headed mutant will never spawn again.
Depending on how you moved through the game this means you could make the mutant spawn without realizing it, and then erasing him forever by leaving the map.

To increase your odds of finding him try revisiting Depot A at various times, but if he already spawned once and you had to retreat or didn't notice, he probably won't ever spawn again, I wasn't able to ever respawn him on the same character even with reloading to a point before entering Depot A.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 12:04:11 am »
Is it spawning on the bggest Depot A map only? That one with growing mindshroom?

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 12:31:49 am »
Is it spawning on the bggest Depot A map only? That one with growing mindshroom?
The first one with real mutants, yeah, where you've got the dead bodies strewn about, and the fenced in room with a corpse and a locker of loot, and a mindshroom growing right outside.  Right through the gate that that junkyard muties are gathered around a barrel next to.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 12:52:58 am »
Ive only seen it in depot A north.  The mindshroom one.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 03:24:47 am »
I guess in order you have chances to find that two-headed guy, you need to enter this map only when you 100% sure you can handle mutants there.

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 06:18:33 am »
Never met him.  :( I play on hard, have taken several characters through junkyard and only learned that such a mutant exists from the wiki.

Firesv

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 10:46:16 am »
First i went to to wiki page and find the area it it spawn from the foto.I dont remember exatly but it second area to the east if you come from scrappers location.Than i just save before enter this area,and about 15-20m trying i got it with savescamming.

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 02:02:31 pm »
Never knew it even existed. Interesting stuff. Still seeing and learning new stuff about the game, even after hundreds of hours.

Sithicus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2019, 09:17:56 pm »
First i went to to wiki page and find the area it it spawn from the foto.I dont remember exatly but it second area to the east if you come from scrappers location.Than i just save before enter this area,and about 15-20m trying i got it with savescamming.

Tried this method today. Started a new game on Hard, imported a character, went straight to Junkyard via ferry, wormhole tunnel, sneaked through to the area with 3 muties around fire barrel, went through the gate, quick-saved right before entering the next area. Sneaked through to check if he spawned, no luck, re-load. 20+ minutes, still no luck.

Can Devs please increase the spawn chance?

Sithicus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2019, 10:28:14 pm »
Good to know.

Started New Game on Hard 5 times, went looking for Two Heads - takes me about 4 minutes to get to the location without engaging any enemies - still no luck. Will give it another try tomorrow.

Edit: Finally! Took me another 4 times, starting a New Game on Dominating, before I got him. My Oddities collection is completed at last.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 07:31:25 am by Sithicus »

Firesv

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2019, 08:01:28 pm »
That strange.Becose saveccamming is work perfectly for me.I dont even need to spend much time to cheak this out.You see the problem is that eahter i or you is lieing.But as i said before i have the the save to prove my point.Could post it if needed.

Sithicus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2019, 09:42:34 pm »
Got a photo as well  :)

So now I've got all Oddities, all unique weapons and all the feats I was planning to get on my way to level 30.
Gotta make it to Core City, steal a Jetski and join the pirates to get very last 2 feats from Razor.
Then Export the character and wait a few years for new DLC or Underrail 2.
Let us hope Styg will allow character import from the first game...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 09:49:55 pm by Sithicus »