Author Topic: Some bugs  (Read 3159 times)

sheepherder

• Oculite
  • Zoner
    • View Profile
Some bugs
« on: October 03, 2020, 02:27:19 pm »
Core city merchant district. Clicking at where the mouse cursor is, places the player sprite under the shelf sprite.

Praetorian warehouse mission. Going through the sewers and then through the JKK area with mutants and spiders, then aggroing the mercenaries in the warehouse. They bunch up in this location and stay there once I come back through the main entrance of the warehouse. More of an exploit.

The new waterways dungeon, beetle area, accessible with a fast jetski. Not sure the ability check is supposed to be named "Unnamed".

Abyssal station. Out of bounds. Can get there through where the mouse cursor is placed.

Port Ceto. These two pirates get stuck on each other and remain stuck throughout the game.

Foundry, bar area. Clicking on the platform support places the player sprite over the support sprite.

Free Drones envoy assassination mission near Rail Crossing. The envoy is somewhat translucent.

Water tiles visible over the wall.

DC, near the gate mechanism. The double doors there will bump the player out of stealth if only one of the doors is opened and player goes through. There's a similar door in Lemurian Security Headquarters, Naga area.

Old flaming barrel, near Foundry.

Black Sea cutscene. A bit hard to see, but the boat sprite is placed over the trident sprite.

Underwater snake set on fire.

Eastern part of the natives territory. Standing in this position allows the enemies to shoot through the tent wall.

Zoom in feature breaks arena cutscenes, cutting off the speech bubbles.

Zoom in feature introduces these glowing seams in Foundry.

Typo after selling Acorn to professor. Line from professor and Briggs mash into one text box.

Free drones base. Medical locker sprite is placed under the wall sprite, should be over. Visible when Tab is pressed.

Lemurian Health center. After recharging Lifeman (or w/e) he eaves through the hole in the wall, if I follow him through the hole, the robots in he map do not trigger. However, if I come back after dealing with the doctor and go through the opened door, the robots do trigger. I'm not sure that's supposed to happen.

Also, it's impossible to damage Locust Hives with pyrokinetic stream.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 02:29:46 pm by sheepherder »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Some bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 11:54:44 am »
Fixed for the next patch. Also, what version of the game are you playing? There are a few bugs that should've already been fixed.

sheepherder

• Oculite
  • Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 11:15:42 pm »
Fixed for the next patch. Also, what version of the game are you playing? There are a few bugs that should've already been fixed.
I went through my screenshot folder and just got all the bug screens I could find, some might have been from older versions. Sorry about that

More bugs. These are from the current version:

Tackled from Wrestling applied to ghost Magnar, dunno if it's supposed to happen.

Foundry, bar area. I'm in some weird space between two walls. Coming from behind the stores.

The damage modifier in the parentheses is off by about 1%. Looks like it effects all damage types. In the screen electrical should be 5%, it is instead 4%. 50 morphine+30 tempered+15 aegis.

This dude is placed inside a wall and will not move. Can be targeted and killed, not with grenades tho.

Very important bug. The stub from the mushroom is placed over the player sprite.

Throught should be Thought.

This pirate open up a dialogue box instead of using a speech bubble.

Had should be Have.

Not sure if bug, but Naga and turret aren't hostile to me even if I am hostile to Aegis.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 02:48:59 pm »
Fixed the new batch, except for magnar and stats that are off; I'll leave that to Styg.

The mindshrooms... that bug can happen anywhere. Funny no one noticed that earlier. Once they regrow they'll be set properly the next time you pick them.

The Naga and the turrets become your allies once you activate them, and they'll defend you against Aegis in case of hostility. So yes, that's intended.

Keep 'em comin'. :D

sheepherder

• Oculite
  • Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 10:23:48 pm »
Fixed the new batch, except for magnar and stats that are off; I'll leave that to Styg.

The mindshrooms... that bug can happen anywhere. Funny no one noticed that earlier. Once they regrow they'll be set properly the next time you pick them.

The Naga and the turrets become your allies once you activate them, and they'll defend you against Aegis in case of hostility. So yes, that's intended.

Keep 'em comin'. :D
A couple more, not many this time.

The doors on the bottom level GSM do not automatically open with the "Automatically Open Doors" option enabled. I don't remember if it's all of the doors, but the ones in the kitchen and in the room with the two gangsters and the elderly citizen for sure.
Psionic Accelerator applies it's +50% psi point bonus to psi boosters. Intended?
Cast Pyrokinetic Stream then immediately enter a vent. Sounds like someone is blowing into a mic real hard.

Out of bounds. I walk there through where the mouse cursor is placed:

Foundry, train area. Looks like I'm standing in the platform support:

Walls in the void. Lemurian warehouse, the floor with Phil's arm.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 01:23:04 am by sheepherder »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 10:32:17 am »

The doors on the bottom level GSM do not automatically open with the "Automatically Open Doors" option enabled. I don't remember if it's all of the doors, but the ones in the kitchen and in the room with the two gangsters and the elderly citizen for sure.

Old bugs are the best. Nice catch!

Fixed all of the map bugs but the Lemurian one. Couldn't figure out why it happens, and it looks normal in my game. Does standing on a specific tile reveal those walls?

I'll leave the psi accelerator and pyrokinetic stream to Styg.

sheepherder

• Oculite
  • Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 06:30:04 pm »
Fixed all of the map bugs but the Lemurian one. Couldn't figure out why it happens, and it looks normal in my game. Does standing on a specific tile reveal those walls?

I've seen the walls several times on several characters. Not sure if they show up only when standing on some very specific tile. On this char they show up regardless of where I stand. It's the walls of this room.

Also, some more bugs I forgot to mention. During the Praetorian questline, the sewer generator quest:
When getting the keycard to the room with the generator thingy. If I enter through the roller doors and pick up the keycard, the rat closes the roller doors and spawns the bilocation doubles, but if I blow up the rocks beforehand and enter through the back entrance and then pick up the keycard, there's no rat and no bilocation doubles.

Insert the generator thingy into the generator. Walk to about over here. Press enter. Move forward, I think finishing on the bridge is enough. The rat does not spawn. Can complete the quest without fighting the rat.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 10:29:23 am »
Styg did some tweaks to how tiles are revealed because of some other bug, so it might've been fixed. I can't reproduce it no matter what I do. :(

About Jookhela, the first cutscene can be avoided with sufficient stealth, so that's intended. Avoiding the confrontation after turning on the generator is, however, not, and has been fixed for the next update.

Keep 'em comin'. :)

sheepherder

• Oculite
  • Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 11:21:48 am »
If you say so:

Not 100% sure it's a bug, but after a chat on Discord, it seems it may be one, as it functions differently from Sprint and Expert Sprint.

Cast Psycho-temporal Contraction on yourself followed by Limited Temporal Increment, then end the turn. Next turn, Cast Stasis on yourself. After stasis ends, cast LTI again so Contraction comes off CD. Now you can cast it on yourself again, while the previous Contraction is still active. This adds additional AP/MP from the new Contraction on top of the AP/MP from the Contraction cast before the stasis and refreshes the duration of Contraction status effect. Thus you get +40 AP and +60 MP from the two Contractions in the same turn.

With Infused hopper Tabis you can do the same with Sprint and Expert Sprint, but it only refreshed the duration, it does not add additional AP/MP on top of the old AP/MP.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 03:29:48 pm »
If you say so:

Not 100% sure it's a bug, but after a chat on Discord, it seems it may be one, as it functions differently from Sprint and Expert Sprint.

Cast Psycho-temporal Contraction on yourself followed by Limited Temporal Increment, then end the turn. Next turn, Cast Stasis on yourself. After stasis ends, cast LTI again so Contraction comes off CD. Now you can cast it on yourself again, while the previous Contraction is still active. This adds additional AP/MP from the new Contraction on top of the AP/MP from the Contraction cast before the stasis and refreshes the duration of Contraction status effect. Thus you get +40 AP and +60 MP from the two Contractions in the same turn.

With Infused hopper Tabis you can do the same with Sprint and Expert Sprint, but it only refreshed the duration, it does not add additional AP/MP on top of the old AP/MP.

Fixed for the next update.

sheepherder

• Oculite
  • Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 06:40:15 pm »
Another one I remembered. Sprint doesn't work when on jetskis, but the bonus MP from Sprint remains present if you activate Sprint before getting on a jetski.

sheepherder

• Oculite
  • Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 12:23:51 pm »
And some more. Not sure if bugs, but seem a tad inconsistent.
Split Snare:
Can hit targets which are in stealth, taking them out of stealth.
Can hit targets which are out of player's LoS. Very noticeable when attacking targets which are standing on the other side of a 1x1 chokepoint.
Can curve around corners. For example if I can't target an enemy without moving, but there's another enemy next to it I can hit without moving, Split Snares will also hit the first enemy too.

Opportunist:
Slowing Tchort with Psycho-temporal Dilation does not proc Opportunist, but Suppressive Fire does proc Opportunist.

With Robots: tested this on a Sentry Bot a while back, so I might be misremembering some of it:
Psycho-temporal Dilation does not proc Opportunist.
Nets do not proc Opportunist.
Suppressive Fire does proc Opportunist.
Acidic Entanglement doesn't ptoc Opportunist (not 100% sure about this one).
Industrial Bots are immune to nets and Acidic Entanglement, but I can apply Cryostasis to them and use Execute.

Oh, and you can apply Expose Weakness on targets affected by Stasis.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 12:34:51 pm by sheepherder »

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 08:01:58 pm »

Industrial Bots are immune to nets and Acidic Entanglement, but I can apply Cryostasis to them and use Execute.

They're immune to immobilization. Freeze is something else.

sheepherder

• Oculite
  • Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2021, 10:46:47 pm »
True, but I don't think even Short Circuit enables Execute, odd that Cryostasis does.