Author Topic: Something you wish was different or added to the game?  (Read 6779 times)

Ambrosia

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Something you wish was different or added to the game?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2021, 12:40:00 am »
Hmmm i always play dominating/oddity, often without any point in hacking nor pickpocket, and have no problem to level up. Do you have a list of oddities which are locked behind those skills ? As for pickpocketting isn't it only jkk pen and praetorian insigna ?

It is more so that out of all oddities you find, a portion of them (probably a small portion) are behind hacking and lockpicking so unless you are confident in the game you (like me when I started) might feel obligated to pick lockpicking, hacking and pickpocketing to make sure you aren't missing out. Since then I play on normal with oddity without any lockpicking or pickpocketing and have no issues. But it still hurts to know that I could be missing oddities in the early game.

As for the list, can't you get one of your no hacking, pickpocket or lockpicking characters and check which oddities you are missing and what level you are?
Although what he said might just exist early game and not late game.

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2021, 02:07:07 am »
Hmmm i always play dominating/oddity, often without any point in hacking nor pickpocket, and have no problem to level up. Do you have a list of oddities which are locked behind those skills ? As for pickpocketting isn't it only jkk pen and praetorian insigna ?

It is more so that out of all oddities you find, a portion of them (probably a small portion) are behind hacking and lockpicking so unless you are confident in the game you (like me when I started) might feel obligated to pick lockpicking, hacking and pickpocketing to make sure you aren't missing out. Since then I play on normal with oddity without any lockpicking or pickpocketing and have no issues. But it still hurts to know that I could be missing oddities in the early game.

As for the list, can't you get one of your no hacking, pickpocket or lockpicking characters and check which oddities you are missing and what level you are?
Although what he said might just exist early game and not late game.

yeah, the problem is pre-Depot A, where a level or two means a lot on some build progression. Oddities simply limits XP you could get before that point. after unlocking the entire map, its no longer a problem and only limited on how lazy you are on exploring the entire place before continuing finishing your quests.

KnightShade

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2021, 07:29:07 am »
This. All of this:
- Limiting all specializations to a maximum 5 points. I find this 10 point specialization crap obnoxious.

- Merge Evasion and Dodge. The defense gain you get from the insane investment you need in terms of feats and skill points is mediocre compared to metal armor which requires far less investment and even works with average con score if properly optimized.

- Make one more big pass on all those niche and borderline useless feats
-increase the usefulness of dodge/evasion so you don't have to be 20 Agi to feel its effects
I wish blueprints like disassemble were removed from feats and had to be acquired from quests or just bought 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 07:32:27 am by KnightShade »

Sykar

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2021, 09:27:07 am »
I forgot to mention, though this is just flair/world building, children are missing. It is kind of weird to never ever see a child in the game and wondering "how are they multiplying?". Even Fallout 1+2 had children around.

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2021, 05:08:27 am »
I forgot to mention, though this is just flair/world building, children are missing. It is kind of weird to never ever see a child in the game and wondering "how are they multiplying?". Even Fallout 1+2 had children around.
because they dont want to deal with SJW / boomer who tried to cancel them when they got free spare time. Removing "children" entity isn't big of a deal. Its surprising that PETA haven't tried canceling them since cats and dog are one of the worst and most annoying enemy type in the game. especially when you accidentally overcharged them.

KnightShade

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2021, 06:05:55 am »
Unfortunately, various politicians around the world have gotten on their high horse about video games and made a big fuss over nothing.
There are laws around the world that make trouble for games that allow the killing of tiny digital sprites of groups of numbers called "children" almost as bad to be killable as the real thing.
So you have two choices:
1) make them immune to being harmed/killed
2) make them not exist.

Styg clearly chose 2.
It's absurd, but so are most people...

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2021, 08:55:55 am »
This is about stuff you think would be cool if it was in the game.

Ok

I wish there was a random encounter or quest where you can meet a group of scavengers who knows about Time Manipulation and/or the rifts. They would call themselves Time Bandits, who might have stolen a map showing rifts in time/space, and are looking to make money from this.
The Time Bandits would be persued by some entity either looking for the map or the original owner who wants it back.

Wr4i7h

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2021, 05:46:11 pm »
I wish the game had a few pre-made characters for new players to use. When you first start playing, you have no clue about how the systems work and what the game will require of you. These pre-made characters would have both initial stats and subsequent level-up choices defined in advance, and you could either accept or override them. This would placate one of the criticisms I frequently read about Underrail, and I honestly believe it would make it easier for newbies to get started. I normally avoid pre-made chars, but they exist for a reason, and Underrail, being tougher than the usual RPG, could really benefit from it. Could Infusion have this?

Edit: common advice to new players is to go online and choose someone else's build anyway (which normally grinds my gears, as I think of character creation and progression as an integral part of playing any RPG, but for Underrail, it really makes sense), so this would just be streamlining that process.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 05:58:36 pm by Wr4i7h »

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2021, 11:37:35 pm »
Overwatch/readied attacks, for you and for enemies.
Nerfed bursting; it should be good but not as good as it can currently get.  ARs should have a close-range penalty (maybe an option for a short-barrel) and narrower burst cones.  I think this is the last real weapon-type rebalance that we need.
Baseball bat(s) and/or better crowbars.
I personally preferred the game not having a map, though im okay with the black sea having one.
More reason to play characters with both ranged and melee weapons, also the ability to quick-draw a knife or pistol, or to have gloves not take up slots.  Really I just don't like the two weapon slot system as it is.
Shields you equip in a weapon slot; shields should have some defense versus ranged attacks (the tacvest/riot armor dynamic isnt so great in practice, so let's shake it up). 
Lower item qualities after the early game.
More randomized quests/dungeons/maps/item, trap, and enemy placements.
More water maps/dungeons (like a shipyard, a native village on stilts, caves/tunnels, sewers, etc where you would make good use of jet skis).
A minigun.
Unique siphoner/ancient rat overcoat sprites, also everybody hates the sleeveless stealthy leather.  Antithermic tacvest isn't a banger either.
The game simply isn't challenging past lvl 25ish, even on dom; maybe capping levels at 25 but allowing a few more feats and skill points would be better (with the regular cap of 135 on skills).
Improved (ability score) feat can only raise an ability up to 16 max.
Higher skill check caps in lategame.
Disassemble should include its spec automatically.
Grenadier should only be as strong as it is *after* specs. 
Contraction ought to be a feat that requires 7 will (or something); its just too strong.
I want to explore Omega station.
More environmental dangers, like dungeons full of toxic or cryo gas, entire floors of fire, etc (we're getting more of this over time), also more really dark areas. 
Trap rebalancing/nerfing; too many ideas for this to list here.
DC needs to be harder and/or randomized; last boss fight needs to be much harder, at least on harder difficulties.
DC random encounters, more black sea random encounters.
Gun nut grants another enhancement slot instead (bowyer too?).
The ability to improve or add to unique weapons someway (at least some of them anyway).
Randomized arena combatants (a pool of 3-5 for each tier).
Extra emphasis here:  deeper dungeons with more nested areas
Plenty of ability checks/secrets/multiple routes (we've been getting more of this too).
Arena mode:  play against other players in various arenas with various rules.
Co-op mode:  run through the game or small side campaigns with a friend or two.

-A way to free the rejects from the Institute without turning everyone hostile.

You can do this.  Also I like your list.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 11:40:26 pm by harperfan7 »
*eurobeat intensifies*

Meladonimi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2021, 10:36:43 am »
- NWN like way method with blocked door - just destroy it :D
- For some places in game have sence set stationare machine gun. (expedition camp/thort elevator)
- Some sort weapon what need 1 turn to open up. (same and builds to low mobility weapons)
- Some sort of expedition to randomized dungeon (was real awesome if it is was in style of deep caverns)
- Omega base & story
- Additional psi changes  1) Some old spells need rebalance, like disruptive field just make it smal area where all bullets/arrows droping to ground. 2) More feat for pure psi (additonal slots & regen reserves) 3) Old feats rebalnce like meditation.
- On higher differences - no map. Or done it optional. Game was real more atmospheric at old pathes becouse this moment.
- Maybe need other storyline with "outher visions" there?

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2021, 02:07:09 am »
I wish the game had a few pre-made characters for new players to use. When you first start playing, you have no clue about how the systems work and what the game will require of you. These pre-made characters would have both initial stats and subsequent level-up choices defined in advance, and you could either accept or override them.

This would be REALLY nice if Styg could hire Epeli and crate sync-able character builder, and gives "shadow number and feat list" directly in-game, would even better if this can be done outside of Character Creation, in case you change your mind on the build mid-way.