Author Topic: My Hammer Wizard build  (Read 2399 times)

Makingitwork

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
My Hammer Wizard build
« on: June 09, 2021, 01:56:42 pm »
Hi,

I've tried to play through this game a number of times in the past, but have never actually completed the game. I've been tinkering with various builds as of late, and I think that it would be fun to try playing through the game with a Hammer Wizard build, specializing in sledgehammers and Psychokinesis while using grenades on the side.

https://underrail.info/build/?HhADAwkDBgYAZADCoAAAAMKgwqAAAFpaVVVaAMKgAAAAAGQrUFUsLSoAAxJgS1TCvh8ywrZ4wrninK4D4qOTAeKnvgPiqaID4quQA-K5vALfvw

Thank you in advance for any advice/criticism.

KnifegaF

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: My Hammer Wizard build
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 02:29:15 pm »
Not bad but a couple things I think you should tweak for sure. Bonebreaker is useless for hammers for the most part. Just about everything will die to your crits already and whatever doesn’t will die to your normal hits after a crit with or without bonebreaker. Expanded psi carapace is pretty junk, basically just QoL to save you slightly more money. Corporeal projection is a huge missed opportunity and so is force user. Pulling one point from strength to get force user is worth it IMO even if you do plan to use balors 85% CtH is enough for something that effectively one shots every normal enemy. If you are playing on Dom super slam sucks with psi. Small increase in damage for something that isn’t hurting for damage. Other tweaks I would make but those are the biggies that stand out to me.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 04:57:02 pm by KnifegaF »

Makingitwork

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 03:30:09 pm »
Thank you for the advice. I'd completely forgotten about corporeal projection and force user when I was putting this together.

Owlyu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 07:36:11 pm »
You also miss conditioning and stoicism. With morphine and aegis this two bad boys gives you another layer of tanking while you got low on hp.  It may be not that good when you face only mechanical dmg, but with the acid, cold, and other non conventional dmg it really helps you.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 08:33:38 pm by Owlyu »

Makingitwork

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 12:42:31 pm »
Thank you for the tip, much appreciated.