Author Topic: One Turn Man | .44' pistol Bullet Time | DOMINATING | OP(aF)  (Read 70288 times)

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: One Turn Man | .44' pistol Bullet Time | DOMINATING | OP(aF)
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2021, 07:50:37 am »
Another satisfied customer :)

I agree Fatal Throw can feel disappointing, that's why I put it in optional category. It requires a lot of investment: 1 feat, max throwing, 3 spec points. You lose MP when throwing: need to move 1 tile away from any enemy (being close to enemy lowers your hit chance by 25%) and it doesn't restore MP on kill. It's also useless against armored enemies and unreliable against evasive ones. as it has lower chance to hit. The reasons I used it is how it work on DOMINATING: 50% more HP means higher chance the enemy, after being shot at, has less than 25% health, and more enemies on that difficulty means there is higher chance that another target will be in vicinity to restore MP through Hit and Run.

Fatal Throw worked only in some scenarios. But it worked great in two cases where I needed it the most: early game it's objectively more damage than shooting with subpar pistol, late game there are some very hard encounters with multiple varied enemies, like Magnar or Faceless Commander, where I need all the advantages I can get. In perfect scenario Fatal Throw finishes 1 enemy and give enough AP for 2 more pistol attacks, which is huge. So it doesn't work that often but when it works, it does wonders.

Then again, I could have taken Three Pointer instead and throw mark 5 grenades with 50-60% chacne to crit, which decimates unarmored foes.

Dumbo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2021, 05:00:26 pm »
Where can you find high quality pistol frames in relatively earlish mid game? Does Ola stock them with mercantile after the oligarch questline? I've picked JKK and I wanna know if I messed up and should have gone praetorian security. First time playing, so minimal spoilers please :) .

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2021, 05:07:48 pm »
Where can you find high quality pistol frames in relatively earlish mid game? Does Ola stock them with mercantile after the oligarch questline? I've picked JKK and I wanna know if I messed up and should have gone praetorian security. First time playing, so minimal spoilers please :) .
Before Depot A - Blaine. Has up to Q110 crafting components. Very regurarly Q90+ . Best trader for high qality components until Oligarch quest line is done.

SGS Armory trader after Depot A, more so after Oligarch quest done. Has high range in quality (from 20 to 155) so harder to get what you need, but can stock good items.
Otherwise - Core City Weapons Trader, Kevin in Foundry and Scavanger Trader north-west from Core City Station in Upper Underrail.
Mid-Game Best is of-course Constantine in Oculus. Best until end-game too.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 05:11:16 pm by RewRatt »

Dumbo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2021, 05:49:28 pm »
Before Depot A - Blaine. Has up to Q110 crafting components. Very regurarly Q90+ . Best trader for high qality components until Oligarch quest line is done.

SGS Armory trader after Depot A, more so after Oligarch quest done. Has high range in quality (from 20 to 155) so harder to get what you need, but can stock good items.
Otherwise - Core City Weapons Trader, Kevin in Foundry and Scavanger Trader north-west from Core City Station in Upper Underrail.
Mid-Game Best is of-course Constantine in Oculus. Best until end-game too.

Thank You! :)

Dumbo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2021, 12:44:20 pm »
I did a full playthrough on normal with this build with some alterations and it is indeed op as hell. I do think however that fatal throw, while very cool, is a waste of a feat. It's better to put only ~50 in throwing, since you won't be doing any throwing past lv 17-20 anyway and spend them somewhere else.

Kilgore Trout

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2021, 06:20:51 am »
Hey Turbodevil,

Want to add my 2 cents. I have played many builds (have been playing Underrail since 2015) and this is by far the build I have had the most fun with. This will definitely be my go-to build for future runs. There are a couple of things I would tweak, but that is just due to personal preference.

Great build = Great fun!

Thanks Turbodevil

Kiruha

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2021, 09:24:42 am »
This build is fantastic and I really like it!

I moved to this build from laser pistols build (because Critical Power was nerfed and energy damage vs some type of enemies (Nagas)  is meh).

I was dissapointed by Fatal Throw and Interloper (Interloper IMHO is kinda useless and Fatal Throw was not reliable for me). I decided to drop them and took Grenadier and Three Pointer instead. Silenced Rapid 5mm Neo-Luger pistol is a fantastic secondary weapons in some situations, I recommend to craft it too.

Also I decided to use Infused Pig Striders (-90 to stealth, + speed, +30 carry weight, ) instead of ninja Tabi Boots, so I need to max out stealth to overcome this (not a problem, because of 7 AGI + Black Padded Infused Rathound Armor we will have high stealth anyway).

Why I think that this build is soo good and versalite? Let's see:
We have 7 AGI (We can use cave hopper armor, boots and hopper stake to temporary boost it to 10, or even more if we use All In. We can pass AGI checks, we can use infused pig striders and still be stealthy.
We have 14 dex, so we have high lockpicking and other DEX based skills
We will have 11 PER to spot all secrets
We have 7 intelligence, we can craft with no problems, we have high bonus to mercantile too.

About Min Maxing and Metagaming - If you want, you can use hypercerebrix + All In (to get +5 INT) + Craft Benches, and you can save up some points for crafting skills. I recommend these numbers (hard points, not the effective skill level! For 160 quality components):

Mechanics - 74 (Hypercerebrix + All In + Craft Benches to craft striders and pistols)
Electronics - 87 (Hypercerebrix + All In + Craft Benches to craft Dual Low Efficient energy shield emitter, cloaking device and seeker googles. Hypercerebrix + Craft Benches will be enought to craft MK3 plasma grenades and mines.
Chemistry - 66 (Hypercerebrix + Craft Benches to get 112 effective skill for MKV Greandes)
Biology - 43 (To craft Hypercerebrix with Craft Benches Bonus, Hypercerebrix + Craft Benches to craft bullhead drug)
Tailoring - 80 (Hypercerebrix + All In + Craft Benches to craft Infused Rathound Armor (padded and black cloathed with 160 quality parts) and Infused Pig striders.

You can optimize these numbers even more because of new belts (15 to one crafting skills). So, you end up with some free points even if you decide to max out stealth. You can max out Temporal Manipulation to reduce the chance to be debuffed from haste.

Also, you can lower Lockpicking and Hacking skills too to get even more free points. You can drop pickpocket too (fun skill but useless in combat)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 06:30:08 pm by Kiruha »

Massacre_Wurm

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2022, 12:02:40 pm »
Just curious why Interloper as lvl 2 feat ?
You can take Aimed shot and use .44 for it.  I mean its a sizeable damage boost early on and you are going to take it anyway.

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2022, 12:36:15 pm »
I like Interloper more than it deserves, but I also think it works nicely on DOMINATING difficulty. I stealth a lot during early sections so ability to do it faster and have 15 MP more after opening salvo which hits like wet noodles (yet) is helpful. But that's my preference, Aimed Shot could be better, Sprint could be better, I just dislike the sluggish movement (and don't use speed hack)

Vokial

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2022, 10:18:01 am »
Interloper is a great feat to have. If you finish a turn moving behind cover to avoid getting hit and going into Sneak, you can start your next round with the ability to step out of cover with all your AP's intact.
It also allows you to place your traps better. You can place traps much closer to the enemy while sneaking as you can close distance faster, drop a beartrap with QT and leave more quickly from it's vicinity before they notice you.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 10:19:41 am by Vokial »

apollounderrail

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2022, 06:29:58 am »
Amazing build. Playing on Dom, oddity, and enjoying the challenge/power.

Eothas

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2022, 10:07:09 pm »
How would you join the Oculus without 7 points in Will ?

KnifegaF

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2022, 10:39:09 pm »

Oculus doesn’t require Will. Maybe it’s because I’ve been doing Oculus the same way for awhile and just go through the motions but I don’t even remember a will check being involved in any of the quests

Eothas

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2022, 11:41:37 pm »

Oculus doesn’t require Will. Maybe it’s because I’ve been doing Oculus the same way for awhile and just go through the motions but I don’t even remember a will check being involved in any of the quests

Oh so do you nee 7 Will only for "Vision" ? - https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Oculus
I thought without vision you can't go to oculus main base.

KnifegaF

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2022, 12:28:54 am »
I go 3 will with many of my builds and get into oculus every time