Author Topic: One Turn Man | .44' pistol Bullet Time | DOMINATING | OP(aF)  (Read 71274 times)

jthibtoo

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: One Turn Man | .44' pistol Bullet Time | DOMINATING | OP(aF)
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2022, 03:53:48 pm »
Do you use the TM PSI at all during early levels? I have tried using Temporal Distortion on various enemies, but it seems to have no affect.

At what skill level do you start to use this skill? If anyone has the time, can you provide tips on how to use TM with this build? What to use, when and how?

Another question I have is concerning the Premeditation skill. When you use that, are you able to perform multiple TM casts with no AP cost? Is that how that works?

Also, any tips for surviving the early levels? The 5mm Hawker pistol is so weak and ineffective (yes, I'm a noob at this game). What is the weapon progression for this build?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 08:53:52 pm by jthibtoo »

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2022, 12:35:15 am »
That's a good question, and I can't answer it off-hand, having not restarted the game in a while.

But I remember I started a game on Dominating when it first came out, with an SMG character. He was doing alright, until I came to having to fight the PSI Beetles in the early rescue quest.

5.56 just wasn't cutting it against them, and there weren't enough Molotovs on hand. I had already spent money getting a 5.56 SMG or something.

What I should have done is go for 7.62 SMG - they are more effective on armoured insects. I didn't know 5.56 would be so ineffective against low-tier enemies when I started the playthrough.

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2022, 08:22:49 am »
Do you use the TM PSI at all during early levels?
Yes, A LOT, and I recommend taking premeditation as soon as lvl 6 for this reason while keeping TM maxed until reaching 70 hard skill points. Main use cases:

- high armor enemies (dominating robots). Pistols won't hurt them at this stage, distortions are long range armor piercing 100% chance to hit thing
- kiting strong enemy thanks to dillation, with premeditation (and taking few steps back) you can disable one enemy per fight for free
- LTI when you want to throw another grenade, or use special attack

TM is cheap (both in terms of action points and in game money) so keep casting!

Another question I have is concerning the Premeditation skill. When you use that, are you able to perform multiple TM casts with no AP cost? Is that how that works?
No. Your next one cast costs 0 AP and less mana. That's it. Practically it's one free cast every fight. Which makes huge difference.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 08:25:39 am by Turbodevil »

Kujo qtaro

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2022, 08:19:09 pm »
Right now im playing a similar build, and role-playing Jacket.
Currently im in depo A, and am yet to start with psi.
Difference: im going with versatility+gun-fu.
Wrong choice?
I shall see...

ycaruz14

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2022, 11:21:38 am »
hi! i saw this build, now i'm at lv20, seeing that this build, like u said, is not that powerful on early encounters, is really good, not bulldozing enemies from the start to mid. It really made me think how to approach every single enemy, up until i got stasis. I followed the character build from your guide, lv1, lv12 and lv20. Will you be making a character build for max lv? I would like to see what would be the full potential of this build before I make my own.

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2022, 08:01:20 pm »
Lvl 30 build link is above the meme picture in first post. After lvl 20 you should have maxed Bullet Time specialization so next step is maxing Hit and Run spec and getting crit feats.

DashingRabbit

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2022, 01:39:26 pm »
Is a pistol build without TM viable for hard or dominating?

I've taken this build through Deep Caverns on Hard, and I really loved its high mobility, extremely high initiative, and power.
Now I want to try a build that doesn't use TM, but I really relied on the Stasis + Bullet Time combo to carry my previous run.

Is there a variant of this build that could work (on Hard+) without TM?
Would I be better off trying SMG or melee builds instead?

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2022, 08:30:49 am »
^ I Don't know, I never tried it but Temporal Manipulation triples pistol's power.

That being said, ability to dominate everything in sight during 1 turn is so good in this game so such build should work. It would require some additional tricks to handle content, fortunately high Dex means you can get most of your grenades. I would add Grenadier, Three Pointer, possibly Sure Step, and Sprint. Typical fight would start with grenade or two, caltrops, Aimed Shot to the face, hide from line of sight, enemies come closer, next turn activate Bullet Time. I would reduce either Int or Perception and max Dexterity, possibly going into Versatility (probably not though, I hate Versatility, but still...)

As for SMGs, they are extremely viable with or without magic but I hate them as much as Versatility. Low hit chance + extremely high ammo consumption + low range + boring 'burst burst reload burst burst' playstyle = not fun for me.

ycaruz14

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2022, 04:17:03 pm »
oh, it is up there, i'm sorry i'm so excited to try out this build that i didn't even noticed that lv30 build was there, thank you for pointing that out! again, thank you for this build ;)

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2022, 03:48:22 pm »
Is a pistol build without TM viable for hard or dominating?

I've taken this build through Deep Caverns on Hard, and I really loved its high mobility, extremely high initiative, and power.
Now I want to try a build that doesn't use TM, but I really relied on the Stasis + Bullet Time combo to carry my previous run.

Is there a variant of this build that could work (on Hard+) without TM?
Would I be better off trying SMG or melee builds instead?
I am currently playing psiless DEX versatility pistol on dominating. It's still good but obviously worse than variant with tm. With high dex you can shoot stuff more times so the lack of stasis and contraction hurts less.
Here's what i am using atm: https://underrail.info/build/?HgUQBwMHAwVGOgDCoB4AZFoeLQBuwoIsMm4AAAAAAABOARcZWR5bOibDksKjw5ENEU7CszHita4K4r2EBd-_

Basically almost everything is viable on Hard+ but it may require some metaknowledge or cheesing for certain areas.
Valor's favorite poster