Author Topic: One Turn Man | .44' pistol Bullet Time | DOMINATING | OP(aF)  (Read 71572 times)

Eothas

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: One Turn Man | .44' pistol Bullet Time | DOMINATING | OP(aF)
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2022, 02:09:03 pm »
I go 3 will with many of my builds and get into oculus every time

:D Okay, guess I was wrong! Thanks!  :P

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2022, 12:46:55 am »
How has this build been affected by the recent update?

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2022, 08:43:20 am »
How has this build been affected by the recent update?
Not much. W2C ammo was nerfed but the nerf wasn't that big. Worst case scenario (Naga Protector, 90% mechanical resistance) -> you deal 25% less damage, so chances are you would need *gasp* 2 turns for 4 Nagas. Ammo crafting quantity nerf is not big deal to pistols which are ammo efficient. On the plus side, high quality super steel fibers are easier to access (and cap is raised), so you may squeeze 1-2 crit chance out of this.

And the mid game after Depot A got easier if you kill Wyatt and his dogs and then rob his still warm, twitching body for that sweet 23% crit chance .44' gun which now gives you one free attack every fight. You monster.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 09:04:43 am by Turbodevil »

Djpuffnstuff

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2022, 12:28:25 am »
the one thing I'm really curious about is the pickpocketing. Is there a point? Is there something you need pick off someone that can't be bought or killed for?

andvare

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2022, 06:42:58 am »
It´s usually taken on Dominating to offset the money issue in the early game.

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2022, 12:02:24 pm »
Can confrim, build is still OP.
Valor's favorite poster

Bier

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2022, 11:46:46 pm »
Hey guys,
600 hours in the Game but dindt play for some years.
A lot of things just seem complete new to me :D

This build is working great so far!
Not like the pure psy i did last time before the nerf but maybe that was why it got nerved.

Just one question:
Best fraction with this build is Coretech, right?

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2022, 11:56:56 am »
Hey guys,
600 hours in the Game but dindt play for some years.
A lot of things just seem complete new to me :D

This build is working great so far!
Not like the pure psy i did last time before the nerf but maybe that was why it got nerved.

Just one question:
Best fraction with this build is Coretech, right?
Coretech is good with everything.
Anyways, you can join other factions if you want, the differences are not that impactful. JKK gives you very good free armor for your lower levels before you can craft a good infused rathound leather armor. Oculus merchant covers more or less everything Coretech has, although he sells those items less regularly.
Valor's favorite poster

Bier

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2022, 06:24:49 pm »
Thx for the answer :)

This build is fantastic and I really like it!

I moved to this build from laser pistols build (because Critical Power was nerfed and energy damage vs some type of enemies (Nagas)  is meh).

I was dissapointed by Fatal Throw and Interloper (Interloper IMHO is kinda useless and Fatal Throw was not reliable for me). I decided to drop them and took Grenadier and Three Pointer instead. Silenced Rapid 5mm Neo-Luger pistol is a fantastic secondary weapons in some situations, I recommend to craft it too.

Also I decided to use Infused Pig Striders (-90 to stealth, + speed, +30 carry weight, ) instead of ninja Tabi Boots, so I need to max out stealth to overcome this (not a problem, because of 7 AGI + Black Padded Infused Rathound Armor we will have high stealth anyway).

Why I think that this build is soo good and versalite? Let's see:
We have 7 AGI (We can use cave hopper armor, boots and hopper stake to temporary boost it to 10, or even more if we use All In. We can pass AGI checks, we can use infused pig striders and still be stealthy.
We have 14 dex, so we have high lockpicking and other DEX based skills
We will have 11 PER to spot all secrets
We have 7 intelligence, we can craft with no problems, we have high bonus to mercantile too.

About Min Maxing and Metagaming - If you want, you can use hypercerebrix + All In (to get +5 INT) + Craft Benches, and you can save up some points for crafting skills. I recommend these numbers (hard points, not the effective skill level! For 160 quality components):

Mechanics - 74 (Hypercerebrix + All In + Craft Benches to craft striders and pistols)
Electronics - 87 (Hypercerebrix + All In + Craft Benches to craft Dual Low Efficient energy shield emitter, cloaking device and seeker googles. Hypercerebrix + Craft Benches will be enought to craft MK3 plasma grenades and mines.
Chemistry - 66 (Hypercerebrix + Craft Benches to get 112 effective skill for MKV Greandes)
Biology - 43 (To craft Hypercerebrix with Craft Benches Bonus, Hypercerebrix + Craft Benches to craft bullhead drug)
Tailoring - 80 (Hypercerebrix + All In + Craft Benches to craft Infused Rathound Armor (padded and black cloathed with 160 quality parts) and Infused Pig striders.

You can optimize these numbers even more because of new belts (15 to one crafting skills). So, you end up with some free points even if you decide to max out stealth. You can max out Temporal Manipulation to reduce the chance to be debuffed from haste.

Also, you can lower Lockpicking and Hacking skills too to get even more free points. You can drop pickpocket too (fun skill but useless in combat)

I dont unterstand how All in can help with craftig. It reduces Intelligence by 3 so all crafting skills are lowered?
Am i missing something?

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2022, 09:43:45 pm »
I dont unterstand how All in can help with craftig. It reduces Intelligence by 3 so all crafting skills are lowered?
Am i missing something?
All In increased intelligence in previous version of the game. This is no longer is the case and hypercerebrix is the only way of increasing INT now.
Valor's favorite poster

Bier

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2022, 10:27:32 pm »
Am i missing something?
All In increased intelligence in previous version of the game. This is no longer is the case and hypercerebrix is the only way of increasing INT now.

Ty for the fast answer.
So the numbers for the crafting skills in the originel build should be the right ones, right?
https://underrail.info/build/?HgMOBwMJAwfCoMKgAAAAAFBQMjwyVWRLN1oAAABGAABVKxcZHVkqW1EBw5LChVMnMUvCtcKkM-KgigXio7oC4qi7A-K9hAXfvw

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2022, 01:41:27 pm »
With Crafting bonus of benches and Hypercerebrixes it should be fine
Valor's favorite poster

Grone

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2022, 08:45:37 am »
Thanks a lot for the build, I am strongly considering it for my first run (Dominating). I did a couple of test runs to level 4-6 or so with this and a Versatility version, and I think I'll end up liking this better.

Any thoughts given to Ambush? You have the Perception for it, and it seems an good bet for replacing some of the feats people have been 'meh' on. With Hit and Run you should be able to set it up easily.

EDIT: More specifically, I'm considering these changes to feats and skills but otherwise sticking to this build. Anything I should worry about doing so (keeping in mind I am a noob)?:

https://underrail.info/build/?HgMOBwMJAwfCoMKgAAAAAFBgQgAAVWRLN1oAAABGZgBgKxcBGR0xAhY-w5LChSpLU8KHwrXCpDPioIoF4qO6BeK9hAXfvw
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 01:25:32 pm by Grone »

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2022, 12:12:44 pm »
Thanks a lot for the build, I am strongly considering it for my first run (Dominating). I did a couple of test runs to level 4-6 or so with this and a Versatility version, and I think I'll end up liking this better.

Any thoughts given to Ambush? You have the Perception for it, and it seems an good bet for replacing some of the feats people have been 'meh' on. With Hit and Run you should be able to set it up easily.

EDIT: More specifically, I'm considering these changes to feats and skills but otherwise sticking to this build. Anything I should worry about doing so (keeping in mind I am a noob)?:

https://underrail.info/build/?HgMOBwMJAwfCoMKgAAAAAFBgQgAAVWRLN1oAAABGZgBgKxcBGR0xAhY-w5LChSpLU8KHwrXCpDPioIoF4qO6BeK9hAXfvw
Ambush is good if you can afford a slot for it. Of these feats, Interloper is probably the least useful.
I would lower hacking and lockpicking and maybe persuasion/mercantile and get some pickpocketing. Highest hacking check outside of one place in Deep Caverns is 110 effective and you are very unlikely to need more than around 100 lockpicking
Valor's favorite poster

Grone

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2022, 10:37:45 pm »
So I did my first full playthrough ever (Dominating difficulty) using pretty much this build. Thank you very much for the thorough guide. The main thing I did differently was swapping out Point Shot and Rapid Fire, which I definitely think was a good call (and I would have swapped out Aimed Shot as well, knowing what I know now), and swapped in Ambush *which is amazing*. It ramps up the crit rate, is very fun to set up, and is pretty reliable.

I did a write up of my Tchort fight which ended up being way harder than advertised because a) I'm bad and b) I hadn't bothered with electronics or biology much at all, so I was missing some key gearing bits:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/underrail-the-incline-awakens.105387/page-797#post-8038051

Also contains my thoughts on the game. Anyway, thanks a lot for steering me through my first playthrough of this great game.