Author Topic: Gang war with no persuasion  (Read 1672 times)

Joe_Steel

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Gang war with no persuasion
« on: November 19, 2021, 11:01:48 pm »
Hey, I'm running a build with low persuasion. how do I get SGS to side with the black eels?

Mocade

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Gang war with no persuasion
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 07:44:27 am »
You can't.  You need 50 persuasion, and careful dialogue choice after that to make this happen.

Richter

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 08:07:01 pm »
I wrote it elsewhere, but thanks to synergy you can more often than not afford to choose the destiny of Junkyard with a given Player Character.

In deed, with 50 points invested in mercantile (most characters would want more as 74 is 92 effective for 7 int builds, an important threshold) you'll get 50*20%=10 (rounded down ; not that it matters here). With 2 heartbreaker leather pieces and the White Dude cocktail, it's 45 effective. It's what is required according to the wiki to persuade Tanner to take Junkyard with the least aggressive option.

Just don't rush this quest, you can get back to it later if you don't want to help the Protectorate to settle strongly in South Underrail.

Alternatively, but this requires choices : you can stand with the JKK and benefit from their hypno goggles (if you have enough Will), their vest and their tattoo (you need the tattoo shop to spawn in your playthrough, which is not guaranteed)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 08:08:59 pm by Richter »

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 01:21:41 am »
Could you remind me why the 92 effective Mercantile is an important threshold? Which check is it for?

Also, I had a related question about this topic.

I want to leave the quest to the last-minute as well. Does Tanner still need to be with us to persuade the council and do the quest? (i.e. can I leave it until after the main game quest is complete?)

Also, my character has around 60 or 70 mercantile, but nothing invested into Persuasion. I think it is around 12 effective in-game right now. So I could boost that up by what, 20, with 2 heartbreaker armour pieces? I don't know about this "White Dude" chocktail, have to look it up.

Anyway, so this would bring me to around 37 Persuasion, I think. So I only need to invest 13 more at the next level-up and I'll be at 50?

Richter

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 11:23:13 pm »
Could you remind me why the 92 effective Mercantile is an important threshold? Which check is it for?

Also, I had a related question about this topic.

I want to leave the quest to the last-minute as well. Does Tanner still need to be with us to persuade the council and do the quest? (i.e. can I leave it until after the main game quest is complete?)

Also, my character has around 60 or 70 mercantile, but nothing invested into Persuasion. I think it is around 12 effective in-game right now. So I could boost that up by what, 20, with 2 heartbreaker armour pieces? I don't know about this "White Dude" chocktail, have to look it up.

Anyway, so this would bring me to around 37 Persuasion, I think. So I only need to invest 13 more at the next level-up and I'll be at 50?

With underpie, it is 95 effective, which means you access last tier at Constantine shop which is probably the best shop in the game for most PC. 92 effective with 7 int is 74 point invested, which is possible from level 13 on, and you can unlock the area where Constantine is by this point: end game gear available at level 13, that's what it means. (Be careful NOT to count on synergy from persuasion to mercantile to reach 92 as it is capped by level: you can't have points above 75 at level 13 from synergies, above 80 at level 14, and so on and so forth).

You can boost persuasion to 45 with every character having invested 50 points Mercantile and a bit of Tailoring (~64 effective with every bonuses to craft Heartbreaker leather armor and tabis). Proof:

I don't know about Tanner, but you're talking about VERY late game to me. (Unless you want to do Expedition after DC) ?
Edit: failed to read, ignore the remark. Though I still can't answer obviously.

The cocktail is bought on the Drag'n'Drop which is a bar available on all playthrough, accessible with a jet ski: https://stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Drag_%27n%27_Drop

« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 12:12:54 am by Richter »

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 06:15:44 am »
Thanks. I'm going to work towards those goals in mercantile and persuasion.

My character is Level 23 or 24, and just finished Expedition. Haven't entered the Institute yet.

Once I get started on the Institute quests, I'll get the 5 or so Oddities I need to level-up, and that will let me start pushing into those values.

Not sure if character will have enough Persuasion for the gang war quest just yet, but I want it ready before DC, so will prioritize it.

Cocktails may not be available, as I started build before Version 1.1., so Drag & Drop may not be in my game.

Tytyger

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 12:41:14 pm »
I wrote it elsewhere, but thanks to synergy you can more often than not afford to choose the destiny of Junkyard with a given Player Character.

In deed, with 50 points invested in mercantile (most characters would want more as 74 is 92 effective for 7 int builds, an important threshold) you'll get 50*20%=10 (rounded down ; not that it matters here). With 2 heartbreaker leather pieces and the White Dude cocktail, it's 45 effective. It's what is required according to the wiki to persuade Tanner to take Junkyard with the least aggressive option.

Just don't rush this quest, you can get back to it later if you don't want to help the Protectorate to settle strongly in South Underrail.

Alternatively, but this requires choices : you can stand with the JKK and benefit from their hypno goggles (if you have enough Will), their vest and their tattoo (you need the tattoo shop to spawn in your playthrough, which is not guaranteed)
By this point i doubt he need it