Author Topic: Dev Log #29: Foundry  (Read 15572 times)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Dev Log #29: Foundry
« on: March 03, 2014, 10:07:54 am »
Hey guys. We're still working on the new update and it will be a while longer because some of the new areas require quite a bit of graphical work. Here's a little sneak peek at the new major urban area - the Foundry:

In addition to that we're also adding a new minor quest hub in the cave areas south of SGS and couple more quests in SGS and Rail Crossing. Also, we reworked the order in which you receive the early game quests to avoid sending people to GMS too early and added some early game oddities.

In other news:

• Tweaks
    • Reduced electronic crafting requirements for galvanic vests
    • Increased drops rates for all types of carrier vests
    • Boots now require a pair of rubber soles to craft
  • Bugs
    • Fixed the bug that caused the game to crash when attempting to set up the fishing rod on certain spots
    • TNT charges will now go off properly after loading a game in which it's been already set
  • Feats
    • Changes
      • Changed the AP reduction of Tranquility to 5 (down from 10)
    • New
      • Vile Weaponry - Whenever you cause a bleeding wound with a cold weapon, armor enhancement or trap you also apply infected wound which increases the damage taken from all sources by 10% and reduces healing effects by 25%. Stacks 3 times.
      • Expose Weakness - You can preform a special melee attack that deals normal damage and reduces target's mechanical resistance and threshold by 50% if it lands for 2 turns.
      • Steadfast Aim - Increases critical hit chance with a pistol by 1% for each base action point required to fire it above 10.
      • Spec Ops - Reduces action point cost modifier for burst attack from 300% to 200% when using SMGs. Also reduces cooldown of flashbangs by 1 turn.
      • Supressive Fire - Enemies caught in your burst attack cone (regardless of whether they've been shot) have their ranged chance to hit reduced by 10%, action points reduced by 5 and movement points reduced by 10 for 1 turn.
      • Quick Tinkering - Grants you an ability that when activated will allow you to arm your next trap instantly, even in combat in which case it will cost no action points.
      • Fancy Footwork - When you land a melee attack you gain up to 8 movement points, depending on your armor penalty. This can exceed your movement point maximum.
      • Taste for Blood - Whenever you attack a bleeding target with a melee weapon, you increase your melee damage by 5% and reduce action point cost of melee weapons by 0.2 for each bleeding wound the target has. This can stack up to 20 times. Expires after 2 turns if not refreshed.
      • Eviscerate - Grants you a special knife attack that removes all bleeding wounds from the target and deals 100% bonus damage for each bleeding wound removed.
      • Hypertoxicity - Increases damage done by poisons you apply by 100%.
      • Wrestling - When you strike a living target with fist weapon or unarmed attack you have 50% chance to reduce target's movement points by 8, action points by 3 and chance to hit with all ranged weapons by 7%. Stacks 5 times.
      • Combo - If you land three consecutive damage dealing unarmed or fist weapon attacks against a single target in a single turn, the third attack will deal 100% bonus damage and stun the target for 1 turn.
      • Pack Rathound - Increases carry capacity by 50.
      • Last Stand - Grants you an ability that when activated it will temporarily reset your health to your maximum for 2 turns. After the effect expires, your health will be reduced to 1.
      • Salesman - Increases the amount of goods merchants will buy from you by 1% per mercantile skill.
  • Items
    • Tabi Boots - lightweight boots that can be crafted from leather or fabric components
    • Components (these are all crafting only; that is items made of these cannot be found or bought)
      • Siphoner leather
      • Psi Beetle armor plate
      • Burrower armor plate
    • Super secret stuff
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 01:29:55 pm by Styg »

HSAR

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log #29: Foundry
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:14:42 am »
Really like the industrial feel of the Foundry area - the Underrail art style fits very well. Balancing changes are well received too.

Regarding the Last Stand ability, I feel that for more of "last stand" feel it should be more based on offensive rather than defensive abilities. For example, take no damage once at 1HP for two turns, but you will die unless you kill an enemy in that time.

It would add some additional urgency to the situation, while still offering a of death-defying desperate final chance.

Barrelsoup Chef

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Gamer since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 12:37:01 pm »
Looking gooood!
Gameplay, that's the reason why I PLAY a GAME

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 12:38:09 pm »
Very atmospheric :)

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 02:53:06 pm »
Very interesting changes and aditions. Also cool looking area.

Sakuragi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 05:17:50 pm »
Very cool changes. Too bad i wont be able to play underrail for quite a long time. I do no think that the computer i have now can handle the specs.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 06:01:55 pm »
Erm... you do are aware that this game should be able to run on a potato right?

DMonin

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 08:05:28 pm »
 :o
Can't wait update!

Is this Core city?
Richard Moreau, Vault 8

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 08:07:18 pm »
Very cool changes. Too bad i wont be able to play underrail for quite a long time. I do no think that the computer i have now can handle the specs.

I remember someone posting that they managed to get it to run on low res on a very weak laptop, but I can't find the thread right now.

Anyway, if you're not sure if you can run it, you can try downloading the free demo from Desura (http://www.desura.com/games/underrail) and see how it goes.

Mac Orion

• Developer
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 08:57:54 pm »
Is this Core city?

No, it's another city, core city needs to wait for a while. (but it will be epic :D)

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2014, 10:11:12 pm »
You know what would be awesome too? A city that had been overrun by burrowers (or some other incredibly nasty and dangerous monsters of appropriate level).

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 07:04:08 pm »
Well, with the right perks and stats you can probably fire them ten times a round ;)
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 07:29:02 pm »
Well, with the right perks and stats you can probably fire them ten times a round ;)

Indeed. I thought they're pretty good as it is. :/ Haven't tried to actually play with them specifically though.

Zephyros

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 04:17:05 am »
Looks great as usual, guys.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 03:59:52 pm »
Russian community keeps track of all changes.  ;D