Author Topic: Continuum Ripple dont trigger further TD  (Read 683 times)

PositiveBuff

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Continuum Ripple dont trigger further TD
« on: March 01, 2022, 01:36:47 am »
I cast 6 Temporal Distortions on a group of Rathounds in 1st and 2nd turn, then it will be about total 4~8 TDs caused by Continuum Ripple in 3rd and 4th turn. But after the 4th turn, there will be no TD.
Don't know if I understand it wrong, but the description of Continuum Ripple says "Distortions that came about in this way can now themselves trigger further distortions."

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Continuum Ripple dont trigger further TD
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 04:32:52 am »
It's a 1/4 chance for a temporal distortion to cause another temporal distortion.

PositiveBuff

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 01:15:30 am »
It's a 1/4 chance for a temporal distortion to cause another temporal distortion.

Yeah, after player learn Continuum Ripple, Temporal Distortions casted by player have a 25% chance to trigger further Temporal Distortions. But after I tested it several times, I found that Temporal Distortions caused by Temporal Distortions can't cause further Temporal Distortions :-[.

I remember that the description of Continuum Ripple in some old versions (and in wiki) is "When your temporal distortion triggers, it has 25% chance to be applied to each nearby enemy. This can only happen once per status effect."
And this description is consistent with the current TD mechanism.

However the description is changed. At least in the current version (1.1.5.7), Continuum Ripple is described as "When your temporal distortion triggers, it has 25% chance to be applied to each nearby enemy. Distortions that came about in this way can now themselves trigger further distortions."
I feel like the text "... can now themselves trigger further distortions"  is suggesting that if there are enough enemies (4 or more) TDs can actually spread themselves among enemies as time goes by.

I also check the patch notes and don't find anything related to the change of Continuum Ripple. So maybe this new mechanism hasn't been installed yet?

Barry

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 06:21:51 am »
Well shit, that sucks