Author Topic: Additions for Sure Step and Doctor plus 1 new feat  (Read 928 times)

Kekus Maximus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Additions for Sure Step and Doctor plus 1 new feat
« on: June 04, 2023, 06:26:22 pm »
These two feats are a bit meh so here are some ideas to improve them:

Sure step:
1)Trap "immunity" - character will not activate one detected trap for 1 turn or per two tiles traveled. This means character with SS can walk on a trap and stand there for indefinite amount of time; once they step on it, this effect is nullified after a very small delay, so the trap can't instantly trigger. If character moves away from trapped tile, effect comes back after 5 seconds or after moving for 20 MP. This allows to "jump" over traps, even in combat.
2)Character only loses focus after moving for at least 16 MP.

Doctor:
1)Shortens CD of all meds and drugs by 2(3?) turns. And specialization could decrease it further by 0.5 turns per point, 2 levels.
2)Also, restoring health with any hypo or bandage instantly decreases duration of bleeding wounds and crippled by 1 (2?) turn(s).
3)Required biology probably should be increased to compensate.

All of these are an addition to existing effects.

New feat - Built Different.
Decreases duration of fatigue by 3 turns, cooldown of morphine by 4 turns, INT by 1. Requires 7(8?) CON (and maybe Motioner).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 05:34:49 am by Kekus Maximus »

gh0stwizard

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Additions for Sure Step and Doctor plus 1 new feat
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 08:49:08 pm »
Sure Step is OP, as one said: you don't know its niche.

Try a chempistoler build with at least 80% of all battles. The ability to wearing ANY tabi boots is OP, especially in DLC, e.g. tabi 25% bio resist + CAU Suit + Core Tech Respirator = 100% bio resist.

Specializations of most feats are sucks, tbh. So, if improve something, then change most unused specializations in the way that they will be comparable in usefulness as Critical Power, Quick Tinkering, etc.

Kekus Maximus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 04:58:01 am »
Basic mutant dog leather armor is enough to resist 90-100% of damage from acid puddles. If my build uses another armor suit as main, sure, I would pick SS, but puddle immunity does not make it OP, it just covers minor weakness of acid pistol.

Only melee builds really benefit from caltrops immunity, everyone else just don't need it. And usually, agile melee characters have a ton of MP anyway, melee tanks can wear metal boots and don't move much, so SS rarely comes into play. It is still useful, but you can live without this feat.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 05:25:21 am by Kekus Maximus »

gh0stwizard

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 07:12:37 am »
Basic mutant dog leather armor is enough to resist 90-100% of damage from acid puddles. If my build uses another armor suit as main, sure, I would pick SS, but puddle immunity does not make it OP, it just covers minor weakness of acid pistol.

Only melee builds really benefit from caltrops immunity, everyone else just don't need it. And usually, agile melee characters have a ton of MP anyway, melee tanks can wear metal boots and don't move much, so SS rarely comes into play. It is still useful, but you can live without this feat.
No comments.... You don't know the game. There is AI "hole" when using together caltrops + gas/napalm grenades. Enemies just run away and stop combat. Considering the fact how cheap caltrops and gas grenades it is the best thing ever.

You may run as chempistoler at volcano field with full 100% resistance to heat.
You may wear best anti-cold suit in Skyrim Tower and use your chempistol against death crawlers.
You may wear anti-slow tabis and deal with nasty spiders in DLC: there are different situations, including vs both creepers and automatons at the same time. Wear Telsa armor to get maximum of fun.

But no, you know everything. You wear mutated dog armor and struggle. May be mutated dog armor is bad, and Sure Step is not, hah? Actually, you may get the best custom anti-acid suit only from Sea Wyrm skins...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 07:20:24 am by gh0stwizard »

Kekus Maximus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 07:59:35 am »
Your ability to understand what you read is questionable at best.

>No comments....
>Proceeds to write an entire wall of text

>There is AI "hole" when using together caltrops + gas/napalm grenades
How is this relevant? And do you absolutely have to stand in both napalm and gas?

>But no, you know everything
I don't know everything, but I know enough to understand which gear I need for any given encounter, which fights I want to play fair, which fights I could cheese, and which fights could be skipped entirely.

I don't understand what's your point here, I just want some feats to be a little less skippable. I don't ask to remove them, or rework or anything, I want them to be expanded.

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2023, 08:34:38 am »
Both feats are fine (although Doctor is significantly less useful). These suggestions would change its effects too much and make them from skippable to instapick on many builds, especially meds cd change which combined with temporal manipulation could cause player to potentially be drugged non-stop.

All builds benefit from Caltrop immunity, crawler caltrops are one of the most powerful tools player can use in combat, especially if you combine it with a molotov or a gas grenade. Mutated Dog Leather Armor allows to resist acid puddle damage but it is also objectively inferior to other armor options, so there isn't really a good reason to use it just to not die from your own acid pistol puddles. Chem pistol builds do not use up a lot of feats so taking this feat shouldn't really be an issue. Sure Step also is very solid for Tranquility psi builds because suffering even single damage from puddle or caltrop will ruin your bonus from tranq.
Valor's favorite poster

Kekus Maximus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2023, 09:48:41 am »
Well, anyone can benefit from using poisoned caltrops, but not everyone necessarily needs to walk over them, or  throw them under own feet.
MD leather is just very good against mutants in early game, and resists most of their acid damage just fine. As for chempistol + SS, this feat is totally fine, because they create puddles in every fight, not just with mutants.
Although I agree CD part is a bit of an overkill, especially it becomes too good for metal armor tanks and TM users in general.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 10:00:29 am by Kekus Maximus »

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2023, 01:20:25 pm »
Doctor could use a buff, but Sure Step is fine. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

gh0stwizard

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2023, 06:07:03 pm »
I don't know everything, but I know enough to understand which gear I need for any given encounter, which fights I want to play fair, which fights I could cheese, and which fights could be skipped entirely.

I don't understand what's your point here, I just want some feats to be a little less skippable. I don't ask to remove them, or rework or anything, I want them to be expanded.
You know nothing, John Snow. The problem is in you. Like most of situational feats, all people would like to pick up Sure Step just for free. But you found the issue in it, meanwhile most people are fine with it. Dig in yourself instead, take a red pill or whatever. Start thinking!

Normally you cover whole zone with caltraps or narrow spots only, like you do with traps. There are a few open space maps, where you may try to kite enemies as some told you. But in fact, this may work only on Normal-. On Hard+ except melee characters there are thick tin cans with shotguns, fireballs, grenades, etc. All they will shoot in you while you do a clown show with kiting.

Plus, you are "hardcore" player, as you think, yes? Well, you don't know that caltrops like any throwable object suffer from random pheewww 3 tiles away from the target point. Aha and what then? Aaah, right. Sure Step is bad.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 06:28:09 pm by gh0stwizard »

Kekus Maximus

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2023, 07:18:13 am »
Posting in this thread is kinda pointless at this point, however, the amount of pure, distilled retardation in your posts is just too much to ignore. This will be completely off-topic, I can't force myself to not reply to this shit.

>the entire second paragraph
Normally, I don't dedicate 1/3 of my precious inventory space to fucking caltrops, same goes for traps. Because I am not insane to waste my time setting up Mannerheim lines, and I can win fights without spamming that shit over the entirety of the area.

Secondly, outrunning enemies and/or breaking LoS is possible almost fucking anywhere, in some areas you can't do this forever, but there is no need; and if I use caltrops, I only need their effect ONCE, maybe twice at most, because by that point all dangerous enemies would already be dead.

Thirdly, the difference between Normal and Hard is absolutely insignificant, and the fact that you even bring that up makes me wonder if you have ever completed Dom.

>shotguns, fireballs, grenades
Like, what? Ranged enemies are present on every difficulty level, and cans as well.

>thick tin cans
Ah yes, they are so difficult to outrun, and it's not like most of them are wearing a helmet that decreases guns skill.

>All they will shoot in you
"Enemies shoot at you" - no way! What a mind blowing discovery, truly brilliant. There is quite a number of ways to defend oneself, and evasion is viable on Dom, it just needs a lot more investment compared to lower difficulty levels. With the right build it's totally possible to chill for a few turns doing nothing while being shot at by multiple enemies.

>the entire third paragraph
So fucking what? If throwing is decent, the chance to miss is only 10%, and there are also spots where randomness of a throw can be limited; and in some cases it is a viable option to throw caltrops near character even without SS and then walking away, only one square of caltrops will do damage, small loss of MP/AP might still worth the result; and finally - if the survival depends entirely on a success of a single action with a cooldown - this is clearly a skill issue.

I've wasted enough time replying to projections, fantasies and false knowledge of this reddit-brained clown with an ego of Rome emperor. There is nothing more to discuss here.

gh0stwizard

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2023, 07:38:56 am »
Normally, I don't dedicate 1/3 of my precious inventory space to fucking caltrops, same goes for traps. Because I am not insane to waste my time setting up Mannerheim lines, and I can win fights without spamming that shit over the entirety of the area.
This is exactly my point. Translating your words to normal language:

"I do mess with caltrops. I don't care what their intended purpose. Fix them ASAP, devs! I'm derailed and I want Sure Step to be super-duper-cool! Muhahaha."

Well, I'm waiting your next post about "Improve Pack Rathound feat. It should give +10% defense or +10% attack dmg, because it's useless. Fix it ASAP, devs!".

P.S. Instead of freeing space for loot you keep caltrops like they are plasma grenades III, so rare and so expensive. This explains everything. Plus, you don't understand that as some like fishing, as others like set up traps and caltrops before a fight. The fact that you don't understand this and don't like it, does not make caltrops & Sure Step bad. It's just another gameplay, another feeling. Nobody asking you to love such tactic, but your disrespect does nothing to improve it.

I suppose that 3 spec points of Sure Step is just a bug. There is should be 5 points with 100% avoidance of any bear trap (or at least only yours). The game is already full of random, 60% of avoidance only brings more random. More random is equal to more save/loads. No need to bring overcomplicated cooldowns s**t. 5 spec points or even 10 would be good for those who loves traps mumbo jumbo just to avoid your own bear traps.

P.S.II. As of Doctor specialization. Due the fact that on DOM health recovery is halved, this feat become useless on Hard+. It should provide exact amount of bonus health points, not the percent based. Even more, it would be better if feat itself also gives exact number of health points. On DOM, this 25% is equal to 12.5%, and spec point gives 1% (of intended values, e.g Normal). Very funny. In other words, for bandages, feat should give +5 health points, +0.4 per specialization point. This would make sense even on DOM. For health hypos you may calculate yourself. Or simply for Hard+ bonus should be 50% for feat, 4% per spec point, may be in that way this would be easier to make changes in the code.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 12:40:30 pm by gh0stwizard »