Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Suggestions / Ray should respond to the Pterygotus
« Last post by harperfan7 on May 31, 2024, 10:41:57 pm »
If you tow it to his shop.  He should at least have a line of dialogue about it.
Bugs / Re: Aegis invasion minor bug
« Last post by yako on May 31, 2024, 10:06:59 pm »
There seems to be another issue: if you didn't respond to the call or didn't have NavCom on you when the invasion started, but did show up and wiped out every enemy (including boats), sec-troopers still die and this has significant negative impact on camp resources. Also you don't get any reward, but this is probably intentional.
Bugs / Aegis invasion minor bug
« Last post by harperfan7 on May 31, 2024, 09:37:35 pm »
If you don't show up for an invasion and aegis is wiped out, the naga protector and plasma turret will still be there if they weren't previously destroyed.  Considering that the other turrets are automatically destroyed during this event, I figure this is unintentional. 
General / Re: 2 question for those who beat the game (multiple times)
« Last post by harperfan7 on May 31, 2024, 09:32:47 pm »
Going from 17 to 22 init is not worthwhile.  If you have stealth you can get by with low initiative, but I'd build to be at least decently durable in that case.  There are a handful of times when you dont get to start from stealth, and some of them are easy to forget; like going down the ladder in gms.  All that said, if you are at 17, take paranoia, *and* intend to use root soda all the time, 27 is fairly good.  I played a stealthy n16 commando through the entire game with 23-25 init before root soda (so 28-30) which was my dominant food, and that was fine, though I also had a jkk vest and twitch available if I needed them. 

I max out TM on those few builds where I use it, but you can cast contraction on yourself when you're suffering from the dilation to basically cancel it out.  Also, if you are wearing infused siphoner tabis you are immune to the mp loss (but not the ap loss).  All but two of the TM spells scale with skill, so you may as well max it.

General / Re: 2 question for those who beat the game (multiple times)
« Last post by Eidein on May 31, 2024, 08:15:07 pm »
Having low ini is fine, you may suffer a tiny bit in arena but just drink a root soda. You usually have the chance to manually enter combat for 99% of the combat encounters in the game.

If you are worried about dilation kickback then just use it towards the end of a fight, if you have spare points in a build why not boost your tm to avoid it.
General / 2 question for those who beat the game (multiple times)
« Last post by Vokial on May 31, 2024, 07:56:56 pm »
  • Knowing what fights you can expect and tailor your build for, what do you think - as a ranged character wearing light protection and having CON 3, how screwed I am with an Initiative of merely 17? Does it even make sense to raise that to 22 (which is still kinda low) with Paranoia at the expense of Sprint? My DEX remains at 5, so no other feats can be an option. Btw, if I keep Sprint I will use the Infused Hopper Tabis for sure. I definitely intend to have Hit and Run already, so already have some mobility. But then again, I intend to max out Stealth, so already can alpha-strike in most battle - excluding those resulting from dialogue. So it's about being more mobile at the expense of reaction time or the other way around under these conditions. Did anyone play a glass cannon character with low Initiative yet and how much struggle that involved? Does raising it from 17 to 22 even make a difference?
  • Secondarily, how much sense it makes to raise TM to effective 149, just to reduce the chance of getting Dilated after a Contraction from 60% to 30%? This of course ultimately matters on how many occasion is there throughout the game when you find yourself in a situation where you have to keep fighting a stream of enemies continuously for around 6-8 turns or perhaps more. Like Depot A when if you throw a grenade, it aggro's the whole map - or a fight against hordes of robots being released in a sequence. I know the general consensus is to just leave it at base 70, so you can pretty much only use it once per battle - but then it better be over within 3 turns or you're pretty much screwed. 149 would allow not just to avoid the debuff, but enjoy the full benefit of freely spam Contraction with Future Orientation without worry.

I would like to hear some of your opinions, but ideally with proper reasoning why this move is better and why the other is a waste.
After that, I will grab Heavy Duty and return to this game after a very long pause, to finally beat it for good. Thanks for all the insight in advance!
Side note, the friendly standing (green healthbar) is rather underused. M'lan Ratula after the player successfully intimidates him; Rathounds if the player is wearing the Rathound Regalia... and that's about it... I think. Maybe this particular faction standing can be used to change up certain combat situations in the future. Just some quick thoughts about that.

I'll do Nevil for starters, then I'll see about spreading more friendliness. Got Infusion to develop as well. :D
Bugs / Re: Rail Crossing Medical Supplies Storage Room
« Last post by PhrygianDominant on May 31, 2024, 07:03:03 am »
Fixed.
Bugs / Re: Some bisons have no sound
« Last post by PhrygianDominant on May 31, 2024, 07:02:48 am »
Fixed for the next patch.
Suggestions / Re: Temporal Distortion Debuff: Countermeasures; and other ideas
« Last post by WeiJayTan on May 31, 2024, 04:02:48 am »
3. Stasis: Casting it on a neutral or allied npc (in combat situations only) will not cause immediate hostilities.
  a. Casting Stasis on Rassophore Nevil in RAF13 will cause him to turn hostile, even if the player wanted to keep them from taking damage from the sentry bots.
  b. (Did not test this myself) I think casting Stasis on Yahota will cause her, and by extension the rest of Aegis Inc, to turn hostile. However, what if the player wanted to keep her shielded from
     incoming enemies? Close calls are possible for a character with low hp like her. It can apply to generic sec troopers as well.

Regarding this one, allied and friendly NPCs (blue and green labels) won't turn hostile if you cast stasis on them. Neutral (gray) and worse will. What I can probably do is make Nevil friendly when you talk to him, which will make him immune to stasis-induced homicidal rage.

And yes, we do read suggestions. Mostly. Sometimes. Mostly.

Yeah, that'll be great. Then, future players won't get a nasty surprise when they did something with good intentions.
In my case, when that happened, I simply reloaded my save file. After that, I was hesitant to use Stasis on any ally.

Side note, the friendly standing (green healthbar) is rather underused. M'lan Ratula after the player successfully intimidates him; Rathounds if the player is wearing the Rathound Regalia... and that's about it... I think. Maybe this particular faction standing can be used to change up certain combat situations in the future. Just some quick thoughts about that.

Now I'm thinking about the Free Drone spy reveal situation: (Spoiler, highlight text to reveal) I've read on the wiki, didn't test the situation myself, that if Trenton dies, it will paralyze the Free Drone Cell, locking the player out of the merchants, and perhaps other things I don't know about. The Free Drones are of neutral standing after the player joins them, so if one wanted to cast Stasis on Trenton during that time to keep him safe, it will turn him et alia hostile. Perhaps that can use a change as well. (/Spoiler)

Edit: Okay, this can be a bit devious on my part. Regarding the Free Drone Spy... (Spoiler, highlight text to reveal) Is it possible to add a chance that Bate will attack Trenton first after the confrontation, on the account that the Red Snake will try one last ditch effort to eliminate the leader of the Free Drones of South Underrail? In the heat of the moment of the confrontation, it is possible that Bate will not make this kind of judgement. Hence the 'chance' that the 'assassination attempt' will occur, instead of a guarantee. And thereafter, Trenton will remark on Bate's attempt to kill him if he made that kind of judgement. I am a Fire Emblem: 3 Houses player. And that game's RNG system, in addition to it's context specific dialogue and attention to detail, fascinates me and impresses me to a degree that stretches onwards towards infinity. (/Spoiler)

(Spoiler, highlight text to reveal) So, the scenario can go something like this: If Bate made the judgement, he'll mention it in his dialogue right before he turns hostile. If he did not make the judgement, he will instead use the exact same dialogue that he uses in the current version of the game. When combat begins, initiatives will roll normally. and when it's Bate's turn to act, if he made the judgement, he'll ALWAYS attack Trenton first. No matter who else he has been attacked by, or what has happened before. If he didn't make the judgement, when it's his turn, he'll attack someone else who has attacked him first, or, eh, however he wants to act. (/Spoiler)

Heh, in Fire Emblem 3 Houses, the RNG system keeps the game interesting for me. And also taught me that save scumming (that is, continuously saving and reloading a save file if the RNG isn't in the player's favor), while possible, isn't, like, good game design. The game knows that to a certain degree; but I'll leave that explanation for another day. It's... a long story.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10