Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Bugs / Wrong oddity drop from Industrial Bot in Coretech Warehouse?
« Last post by Phr3ak on April 30, 2024, 08:58:33 pm »
During the JKK questline, there is an industrial bot (on Dominating) guarding the security console of Coretech Warehouse. Somehow it dropped Registration Plate oddity, but I think it should only be dropped by Sentry Bots?
Builds / Re: A Detailed Psi Guide | for new and experienced players | all schools
« Last post by ovumas on April 30, 2024, 03:21:10 pm »
Sorry for necro bumping, but wouldn't you need 9 int to get the philosophy feat from the ferryman?
Bugs / gang showdown protectorate ammo
« Last post by PaposikG6 on April 30, 2024, 02:48:45 pm »
Protectorate Soldier that fights with pistol in Junkyard Gang Showdown has very low ammo supply and switches to knife melee combat very quickly.
Builds / Re: Help Improve My build
« Last post by W on April 30, 2024, 10:39:00 am »
Lowered points in tm to the bare minium for the 3 ability i want (haste,slow and that reduce coolown one)  ,increased crafting stuff,lowered base chemistry to 60 cuz i really do like setting stuff on fire  and biology to 20 that said i really don't know how to properly how to use gas grenades and only put points in to craft hypercerebrix so might completely dump it to 0 and put those points into lockpicking and hacking ,Put points into stealth and lowered constitution to 8 and replaced last stand with interloper since i'm not a true metal Tank
Here's the even more Optimized build,any other changes i should make
ps if i was intrested in replacing tm with psychokinesis for even more utility how much points should i put in and what abilities i should take and whether that would even be viable?
« Last post by Vokial on April 29, 2024, 08:27:54 pm »
140 (or 130) in TM is a waste. You should either get (effective) 55 for Contraction (or maybe 70 for Stasis I guess, although I never once used it) or 100, or 150. The latter two are the thresholds for better Dilation + Recurrence (and Rewind, which I didn't use either). While at 150, you can enjoy spamming continuous Contraction (with Future Oriented Increment) as the chance of getting Dilated is merely 30%.

Same with your Crafting skills. I would either increase Machanics and Tailoring, or just do not invest in them. 100 points will not result in anything substantial (I would recommend increasing them). While Chemistry and Biology are a complete waste in my opinion. With Chemistry, you pretty much only need 60 at max if you want Napalm Grenades (and a min of 20 for Gas Grenades and Molotov), but Frag and HE sucks on all levels. They just barely dent the enemies.
Same for Biology. You will be drowning in various drugs you loot, allocating points to Biology only makes sense if you want Crawler-poisoned Bear Traps (50 effective points) or Regenerative Vest. But since you don't have points in Traps at all, you can leave it at 20 for Gas Grenades. But aside from the usual stuff you find on literally every corpse, there's no point in crafting any drugs - especially the high-end ones. Those usually require you to spend hours on the wiki to track down and travel to the most hidden Expansion locations or in DC at engame level when the game is about to be over anyway and try your luck fishing for rare aquatic creatures with a 1 to 232342345435345634 chance and congratulations, you can craft like 3 of these super drugs during the whole game for fights you should win without these anyway - but now you won't, because you wasted all your skill points on Biology instead of something useful.

Crawlers are easy if you spot them. With high PER comes high Detection, put on a Motion Tracking Goggles (Night Vision recommended due to the usual darkness). The problem is, without Stealth they will notice you and come forth to attack. With Stealth they are oblivious to your presence and with Detection, you can see their shadows in the near distance. It's a race of who notices the other first. Once you won the match, you can initiate attack and with your Paranoia (which is pretty much the anti-Crawler feat for it's boost to Detection and damage) you can finish them by attacking first. I would not go glass cannon without maxed Stealth (and preferably a ranged approach), but why these builds are so powerful is that not raising CON saves you an immense amount of stat points.
Coil Spiders are even easier. I always scout ahead in Stealth, notice them in the distance and can leasurely initiate alpha-strike, so they won't shoot me. Stealth is your best solution against these critters and aside from this, there are tons of other benefits involved with it (especially with Interloper). In general if your Initiative is low (sub 30), then you pretty much have to be a tank or have Stealth.
Bugs / Re: Report spelling/grammar errors
« Last post by Phr3ak on April 29, 2024, 06:10:42 pm »
  • Keep hand -> Keeps her hand
  • ad justs -> adjusts
  • everbody -> everybody
Bugs / Camera in Gray Army kitchen doesn't work properly
« Last post by Phr3ak on April 29, 2024, 03:49:00 pm »
Normally, when a camera detects you doing something suspicious in Gray Army Base, people come to investigate. But nobody comes if you're detected by this particular camera.

A different possible issue is that nobody (including the camera) objects to the player being in the area behind the counter.
Builds / Re: Optimal non-psi hammer build
« Last post by peet on April 29, 2024, 01:56:20 pm »
Nice. Yeah def deserves its own post, and I agree the lack of escape artist on the 10 agi version was very painful.
« Last post by W on April 29, 2024, 09:35:05 am »
Constitution is too high unless you really love it. Perception would offer you more.

Thick skull is bait imho. Not sure if you need that many point in TM.

its my first build with higher than 3 constitution,my last 2 builds were both glass cannons also,I am just really sick of Greater Coil Spiders and DEATHCRAWLERS and  that is the  sole reason i picked thick skull,you got any tips on how to deal with them withought thick skull? , Here's the updated build replaced Thick Skull for last stand and Reduced Points in Tm and added them to intimidation
« Last post by Valor on April 28, 2024, 07:33:48 pm »
Constitution is too high unless you really love it. Perception would offer you more.

Thick skull is bait imho. Not sure if you need that many point in TM.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10