Author Topic: A few complaints about life  (Read 709 times)

Trench_Pilgrim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
A few complaints about life
« on: October 10, 2024, 07:35:48 am »
While playing this masterpiece of the Serbian genius, I tried to design one funny build in the hope that if I freeze the enemy with a cryo chem pistol, I will be able to break him with cryokinesis. It would seem that it would be interesting, not OP, per turn I would make one prepared shot from the pistol, freeze 3-4 enemies for 2 turns, break 1-2 enemies with cryokinesis, but no, this whole theme does not work in the end. I was incredibly upset, because for the entire time playing Underrail I tried to implement chemical weapons on their own, and not as a support weapon. Hilf's build only proves that pistols are viable only when you have low AP and high AP options (energy pistol/ABp). These lines do not convey all the melancholy and despondency that I experienced, realizing that the cryo pistol, if not useless, is VERY situational.

Munkaccino

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: A few complaints about life
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2024, 06:59:54 pm »
Yeah, I'm watching a friend of mine do a sledgehammer/chem pistol build for his first playthrough, and while the chem pistol had its moments in the early game, mostly in the junkyard, the hammer just completely outshined it very quickly. Chem pistols in general only seem to be good in very specialized chemistry builds.

Eidein

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2024, 12:17:10 pm »
You can easily play a chemgun only build whether thats a dex vers build or just high perception. They are incredibly strong.

Trench_Pilgrim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2024, 09:46:33 pm »
You can easily play a chemgun only build whether thats a dex vers build or just high perception. They are incredibly strong.

Before the idea of using cryogenesis and cryo chem pistol I went through the game with ACb build, ACb + laser pistol, laser pistol, ACb + xbows versatility and honestly while playing the second and third builds I never realized why I needed chem pistols except for fun.... Yes, the damage is decent, to use as a primary weapon, especially the funny pistol from the institute, you can. The only question remains that outside of fun it's all kind of ineffective...

Eidein

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:31:18 pm »
You are building your chempistol build wrong then, chempistols solo are extremely strong and really dont run into any trouble on dom outside the final boss.