Author Topic: Underrail wiki?  (Read 166822 times)

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Underrail wiki?
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2016, 08:18:24 am »
Looking into Original Report in the wiki, I really miss old Underrail font. :(

Ninjaxenomorph

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2016, 07:40:49 pm »
Something I noticed was that there's very little information about making reinforced boots.

TrueNeutralEvGenius

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Polymath. Misanthrope. Nihilist. Nonconformist.
    • View Profile
    • Twitch channel
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2016, 02:12:55 pm »
Fix Cybernetic Module oddity on wiki. From 5 xp to 3 xp.
Connoisseur of Tragedy, Cyberpunk and Dystopia genres.
Streaming 100% analytical walkthroughs and exploring of Underrail, System Shock, Fallout, Arcanum, Deus Ex, D&D like Baldur's Gate, Planescape and other great & my favourite games: https://www.twitch.tv/trueneutralevgenius

TrueNeutralEvGenius

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Polymath. Misanthrope. Nihilist. Nonconformist.
    • View Profile
    • Twitch channel
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2016, 02:51:56 pm »
Totally welcome. Yeah, I guess there is need to hold actual information and descriptions. I can help with that, if you want. Anyway at the moment making 100% walkthrough of Underrail and streaming it, so it will be not hard for me to fix all descriptions and stuff. Already sent e-mail about entering wiki to Styg, to admin@ adress. So I don't know, see for yourself, should I wait till he answers or you can as since you are online.
Connoisseur of Tragedy, Cyberpunk and Dystopia genres.
Streaming 100% analytical walkthroughs and exploring of Underrail, System Shock, Fallout, Arcanum, Deus Ex, D&D like Baldur's Gate, Planescape and other great & my favourite games: https://www.twitch.tv/trueneutralevgenius

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2016, 10:45:41 pm »
That wiki is a tragedy of missed opportunity. In a game like this with hardcore fans, so many deep mechanics, etc. I would expect a wealth of info.

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2016, 09:29:37 am »
Do you see anyone missing?

Mareth states General Korn ordered CAU to Fort Apogee
Probably a member in United Stations' Council of Five

Lucifuga

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2016, 07:13:51 am »
More names in no particular order
Including last names of some listed characters with no entries
A few on the wiki were misspelled

Hanging Rat
Mad Killian - Link

Protectorate
Sergeant First Class (SFC) Timothy Holloway - Link

SGS
Jo Hendrix - Link

Dude
Shoe Devourer - Unmentioned-Critters ;) - Link
Ebeneezer - If you think about it all mentioned-only characters could be Ebeneezer in disguise - Link

Core City
Van the JKK receptionist - Link
Dave Strelnik - Link
Stjepanicije - Link
Dr. Bronson - When Worlds Collide? - Link
Drilleg - Critter entry - Link

Free Drones
Alvin Bate - Link
Corben Trenton - Link

Foundry
Judge Taylor - Link
Todor Sallywatch - Link
Oliver Micas - Link

Tchortist
Rassophore Pavel - Unlisted on the character list
Efreitor Gromis - Link
Captain Sagan - Technically BioCorp? - Link
Investigator Peter - Link
Thomas Harding - North UnderRail/Dis - Link Link 2
Critters locked up in cells with Psycho could use a mention Link Link 2 Link 3

BioCorp folk
Mica Maas - Janitors matter too - Link
Marcus? There was also a Bobby... - Link Link 2
Slavkovic mentions great scientists - Nikolev, Frasard, Clarkson - Unsure if all linked to BioCorp - Link
Dr. Robin K. Frasard - Link
Louis Thorne - Maybe Core Ciry - Link
Sally McKinley - Link
Mark Reed - Manager/Jailor/Hunter? - Link
Colonel Salik - Link Link 2
High Representative - Unsure if person or group - Link

Misspells
WilbertJ. Samuelso - Space the two out please
Curator Nenna - Link
Sandy Kester - Link
Takao Oshiro /

Project Eos could use a mention in the BioCorp page
I noticed the page has Patterson grouped with the Bunker personnel but it sounds like he wasn't there from the e-mails

magras

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2017, 11:28:45 am »
Hello to everyone.

I want to fill the wiki with more precise information about components quality, skill requirements and price.
Price and skill requirements scaling I can inter- and extrapolate from a few samples, but I have no idea how to find out true quality ranges.

Currently there are two types of articles for components: with ranges and with examples. Both looks wrong for me.

For example plasma core article specifies 1-130 quality range, but I've found one in my pocket with quality of 131 (I've never hunted components and even don't know where I've got it).

Another example is pneumatic hammer, which shows example with quality of 42 and mechanics requirement set to 42, which doesn't match what I see in the game.

I see 2 options:
1. Just update an examples.
2. Fill ranges with what I personally saw and add ? or ≤ ≥ to indicate that range is probably wider than that. But I'm not going to grind stores, so resulting ranges will be pretty inaccurate.

So what do you think? What is better: simple examples or potentially misleading ranges?

PS Inserting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillemet caused cropping of all following text in my post. That was unexpected. =)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 11:49:03 am by magras »

magras

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2017, 01:43:39 pm »
Looks like I can not just add any symbol into quality parameter, because template uses it as expression (specifically expressions like {{{quality|1}}} < 0) to determinate is it range or single value (btw clever hack). Documentation says that there is an options to check or ignore errors during calculating expressions, but it will lead to accepting any text as quality range. It can be solved with regex, but https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Help:Extension:ParserFunctions#.23expr doesn't mention any regex parsers. Keep in mind, that I have no experience with writing wiki templates, so it's just my speculations.

Anyway http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Template:Infobox_item is in semi-protected mode, so I can't edit it.

So currently I have no options to mark range as inaccurate.

PS Sorry, didn't saw your edit. =)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:46:13 pm by magras »

magras

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2017, 06:36:43 pm »
I updated all components that I had on my character in at least two exemplars, but there are much more left.

Still I think that my ranges are very misleading. Probably later I'll try to add expression error check to the template and question marks to ranges to emphasize that it's just confirmed values.

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2017, 04:00:08 am »
How unfinished is the map in the wiki? I've just stumbled into a non mapped place which is... not nice to say the least.

There is an uncharted passage going west of platform 1 (next to south railroad outpost). I've confirmed that it then turns north, then north again, then it continues north with an exit east as well. The east exit has a north passage and a passage into the tunnels. Havent checked the north passage from there. In the underground the north passage continues with a passage north and it has a ladder that puts you besides the railroad into a place seemingly full of lurkers (and I hate lurkers!).

I know there is an 3d map but honestly, I cant figure how to use it properly, it's so much easier to use a flat map.

EDIT: After exploring it I found it leads to platform 2. through it you fight lurkers, crawlers and even a black crawler for good measure. As for the earlier exit east with a passage north and a tunnel entrance, I don't know where those lead yet.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 05:10:09 am by Elhazzared »

magras

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2017, 09:59:49 am »
Thanks for conformation. I figured this out later and used [req / quality, (req+1) / quality) to estimate the coefficient. And again having more component exemplars helps to narrow this estimate a lot. I'll redo my first calculations this evening. (Probably this method will help others if they decide to join my effort)

Elhazzared

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2017, 02:32:56 pm »
The map I was using is the one by pipboy. So far the map has been very accurate, it's only that small part that seems to be missing.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2017, 12:28:59 pm »
http://underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Assassinate_Olivia

Wrong reward - for ass-something Olivia you will get only 1 XP in Oddity.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2017, 06:35:04 pm »
http://underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Study_the_rock_creatures

It is possible to gain his trust by passing a persuasion check (60 effective skill required), killing the leader of Ironheads or by solving the Foundry murders.
Wrong, if you sent adventurous couple to jail you also gain major trust.