Author Topic: Underrail: Heavy Duty DLC  (Read 7696 times)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Underrail: Heavy Duty DLC
« on: September 29, 2023, 04:39:37 pm »
Hi guys,

It is our pleasure to announce a second DLC called "Underrail: Heavy Duty."

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpaFg6mnlak

This DLC focuses primarily on three new weapon types - light machine gun and minigun, both of which fall under a new skill called Heavy Guns, and grenade launcher which is a part of the existing Guns skill. These weapons will add a number of new interesting play styles.

In addition to this, the DLC will feature a high-level side-mission that is designed to provide a challenge to Underrail veterans. You'll be pitted against one of the most formidable fighting force in Underrail. On higher difficulties, especially, this mission will serve as an ultimate test of your particular build.

That's it. The DLC is out November 1st, but you can wishlist it now on Steam or GOG.

Cheers.

mattu

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Underrail: Heavy Duty DLC
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 02:42:25 pm »
What have you done, Styg? What have you done?

I am supposed to be done with Underrail until Infusion comes out. And so were you.

Well, I guess we can't help ourselves. See you in November.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 04:53:44 pm »
Can haz beta branch?

Researcher

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023, 08:45:40 am »
What about underrail Infusion project when it will be done? I was waiting for it.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2023, 12:06:04 am »
Heavy Duty will be a day 1 purchase for me of course.

I hope Styg is using this opportunity to test new infusion mechanic as well as experiment with better sound effect. I understand Underrail was started years ago and some of the sound effect are fine for what they are at the time. It just that the sound effect, especially for firearm, should be taken to the next level (more thump, i.e.: Sniper Rifle should give you a thunderous boom instead of sounding like a semi-auto rifle/airsoft gun).

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 07:48:44 am »
Indeed, sniper rifle sound is no good. It's the only thing going wrong with playing sniper builds for me - this sound making it feel like it's some pokemon world sniping or somesuch. And there ain't no shortage of good recordings of sniper rifle audio, too. Couple good examples on youtube: "Sniper Rifle Sounds (.50 cal Included) - 100 Subscribers Special", "Firing a .50 Cal Sniper Rifle in Slow Motion - The Slow Mo Guys". Shots in the latter video give exactly the kind of sound 12.7 sniper should sound in a game, i think.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 08:01:14 am by Fins »
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2023, 08:10:04 pm »
The new heavy weapon sounds don't sound that great either, might be WIP of course.

Space Coyote

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2023, 03:52:37 pm »
Do we happen to know if the DLC will be compatible with existing saves, or will we need to create a new game for it to be compatible?

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2023, 06:08:11 pm »
Do we happen to know if the DLC will be compatible with existing saves, or will we need to create a new game for it to be compatible?
The DLC will be 100% compatible with existing saves, so you can explore the new questline even with old characters.
Valor's favorite poster

Hawk

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2023, 11:43:50 am »
I hope that in new DLC they will add some powerfull weapons to fight Six and Tanner)
Cuz I tried pretty much everything in the game, but none of the guns/spell was able to hurt em anyhow...

boi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2023, 10:38:35 am »
Seems like a thinly disguised funding endeavour for Infusion.

That said, I will absolutely fund the development of Infusion.

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2023, 10:02:05 pm »
I hope that in new DLC they will add some powerfull weapons to fight Six and Tanner)
Cuz I tried pretty much everything in the game, but none of the guns/spell was able to hurt em anyhow...
In the past, there were some shady / exploity ways to actually hurt and even kill 'em, but these were fixed. This means, game's creator's intention - is to have these two characters impossible to kill.

There are proper lore reasons for this, too. Knowing what i know (and also lots of experienced players know, too) - trying to hurt either of these two is no more sensible than trying to hurt / kill a mountain: just makes no sense.

Let's just say - i'm trying to avoid spoilers here - that Six and Tanner should be more impenetrable to any human combatant than an Abrams tank would be to any sort of a wolf. However much / long a wolf would keep trying and biting and scratching - he just can't do anything to a tank armor, 'cause the tank is way too advanced technology for a wolf. Same thing with Six and Tanner, see.
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr

Hawk

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2023, 04:26:43 pm »
In the past, there were some shady / exploity ways to actually hurt and even kill 'em, but these were fixed. This means, game's creator's intention - is to have these two characters impossible to kill.

There are proper lore reasons for this, too. Knowing what i know (and also lots of experienced players know, too) - trying to hurt either of these two is no more sensible than trying to hurt / kill a mountain: just makes no sense.

Let's just say - i'm trying to avoid spoilers here - that Six and Tanner should be more impenetrable to any human combatant than an Abrams tank would be to any sort of a wolf. However much / long a wolf would keep trying and biting and scratching - he just can't do anything to a tank armor, 'cause the tank is way too advanced technology for a wolf. Same thing with Six and Tanner, see.

Oh, thanks for such an expanded explanation! Okay, I understood.