Author Topic: Riot gear non-flurry sword PSI tank build Dominating  (Read 3629 times)

nosaM

Riot gear non-flurry sword PSI tank build Dominating
« on: May 06, 2020, 11:03:33 pm »
The build I'm playing currently is doing well, but I'm not really using swords for it being a sword build.
And flurry kinda just sucks, so i started using knifes as my main weapons.

But for this build i want to be able to tank just about any melee attacks even from naga's. And decapitate just about any living thing. Also 0 AP shield bashing sounds like fun.

I was thinking something like this. Very min max build. Changed some stuff with the build.
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?Hg0DAwcDCgcAAADCoAAAAExUAABaWj5IXcKgAMKgRgBbSFXCgismPS7Ci8KHwqtLIcKBwqrCjcKIwrZPROKhmwLiprgD4rCaBeK2tQLitrYD378

I want to use sturdy antithermic psi crab riot gear as my main armor.
Antithermic tabi boots. 100% heat resistance.
PSI headbands. More pain for them less for me.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 07:36:53 pm by squirrelsforimprovisedbeating »

kamax3

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Riot gear non-flurry sword PSI tank build Dominating
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 11:20:18 pm »
Very interesting build. Your movement speed will be an issue, but maybe not with all the psi abilities and utility you'll have going for you.

I would recommend drop Psycho-Temporal Acceleration and pick up Opportunist instead. PTA not going to do too much for you (you can already slow with cyro and speed with adrenaline) and Opportunist is going to make you hit hard, esp for those easy decapitations.

Shredded Cheddar

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 05:36:27 am »
Bruh I died laughing from this because you have will at 9 with max thought control!

But seriously, you need to +1 will, remove iron will and then just take locus of control. You have the bio to craft bullhead as well so you can pop before fights and then use locus of control to ignore all disabling effects - a truly tanky ability! Obviously it also has that other effect of thought controlling a whole area whenever it's convenient...

Im not sure about having max strength sword with no flurry or onslaught? strength scaling on weapons is based on the weapons base damage and swords get like what, 50ish upper range with max quality tungsten and then machete scaling is 18 (adrenaline obviously)str - 6 = 12 * 7% scaling for machete = 84% * 50 = 42 bonus damage on upper range and this is like max level.. this doesn't scale with your weapon skill. You'll probably wanna use red dragon so it's even less.

With this setup your just gonna be blasting people with pure psi and then getting a decapitation off whenever it's convenient lol - but  maybe that's what you want. Max recklessness means you will not be tanky especially with tabi, crits are like the main thing that hurt you when you're running a tanky build that has high physical protection. Also advanced psi empathy just makes you 10x more into a cave wizard so youll just be blasting away with thermodynamics metathermics and having even less HP. I think youre just gonna end up being pure psi because you'll actually be pretty squishy in combat.

Very interesting build. Your movement speed will be an issue, but maybe not with all the psi abilities and utility you'll have going for you.

I would recommend drop Psycho-Temporal Acceleration and pick up Opportunist instead. PTA not going to do too much for you (you can already slow with cyro and speed with adrenaline) and Opportunist is going to make you hit hard, esp for those easy decapitations.

Did you in all seriousness just say drop psycho-temporal acceleration?.... You bring up mobility issues but that is one of the main ways he can solve his mobility issues. Since he has future orientation even if the fight goes longer than 3 turns, he can keep it up basically indefinitely as long as he drinks his blue juice.
Stop it. Get some help.

nosaM

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 01:32:46 pm »
Bruh I died laughing from this because you have will at 9 with max thought control!

Max recklessness means you will not be tanky especially with tabi, crits are like the main thing that hurt you when you're running a tanky build that has high physical protection.

Yeah kinda forgot about crossbow crits from the natives, piercing my heaving tungsten armor at times on a other build not on dominating. I'm gonna have to rework this build, I could probably reduce STR by 1 get WILL to 10 and redo some feats and spec points and it would be a good build. Also Pseudo-spatial Projection is just great.

Also because you used the word "bruh" and not bro, you need to get off the internet.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 11:49:45 pm by squirrelsforimprovisedbeating »

kamax3

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 03:47:04 pm »
Did you in all seriousness just say drop psycho-temporal acceleration?.... You bring up mobility issues but that is one of the main ways he can solve his mobility issues. Since he has future orientation even if the fight goes longer than 3 turns, he can keep it up basically indefinitely as long as he drinks his blue juice.
Stop it. Get some help.

Damn bruhski that was a strong ass reaction. Maybe you're right but for 75 psi points you'll be popping a couple blues every fight. I was mainly thinking of finding better ways to synergize with the ridiculous amount of STR on this pseudo sword psi-cave wizard build. But you're right, hes gonna be squishy and is better off going pure psi. Definitely play with it though. Will be a unique play style.

l0cus77

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 09:20:02 am »
I used to play a Sledge - Wizard with max Str - corporeal projection - psychokinesis damaging psi school (with the ocassional Thermodynamic Destabilization). Was a lot of fun, allowed Sledge to hit things at distance and having AOE attacks. Thing is, I used a lot of psy, and not that much as I liked Sledge, have in mind that.

Probably can extrapolate the concept to your build tho.