Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: Author of the Music for the Heavy Duty DLC
« Last post by PaposikG6 on Today at 07:47:48 pm »
Yes, it is the same person.
3. Stasis: Casting it on a neutral or allied npc (in combat situations only) will not cause immediate hostilities.
  a. Casting Stasis on Rassophore Nevil in RAF13 will cause him to turn hostile, even if the player wanted to keep them from taking damage from the sentry bots.
  b. (Did not test this myself) I think casting Stasis on Yahota will cause her, and by extension the rest of Aegis Inc, to turn hostile. However, what if the player wanted to keep her shielded from
     incoming enemies? Close calls are possible for a character with low hp like her. It can apply to generic sec troopers as well.

Regarding this one, allied and friendly NPCs (blue and green labels) won't turn hostile if you cast stasis on them. Neutral (gray) and worse will. What I can probably do is make Nevil friendly when you talk to him, which will make him immune to stasis-induced homicidal rage.

And yes, we do read suggestions. Mostly. Sometimes. Mostly.
There are some cheesy things I prefer to avoid too, but in general you have to play the game that exists, not the one you want to exist.  When my 3 con tm psiblade fought the Masters, the time slicer got two distortions on me (which is still a fuckton of damage cuz they have busted stats) and I barely survived due to aegis and morphine.  Aside from hammers, the best belt imo for melee characters is the doctors pouch, and you really ought to be taking advantage of it.

"but in general you have to play the game that exists, not the one you want to exist."
I agree. I'm still experimenting with the game myself. I'll take my time.

I haven't actually fought the Arena Masters yet. I am aware: that special Demolition Belt is worn by one of them, and can only be obtained by defeating them. I'll see what happens if I do get to that point. I'm on my first Dominating Difficulty run, having beaten Normal D multiple times and Hard D once.
I've been thinking...
I've played and completed hard difficulty with a no psi character, and how I built the character's base attributes and skills is based on the lore of a character from another game. She's exceptionally fast, likes to climb trees, likes the sunshine, likes swimming in the ocean; prefers the sword and bow as weapons; not good at learning magic techniques; and possesses a unique speech pattern (minor grammatical errors) because she is trying to learn the local language. [1] [2] [3] [4]

*not good at learning magic techniques, perhaps because she is a foreigner and cannot grasp magic incantations as easily as those who already speak the local language. Hence, that was the reason I choose not to activate Psi abilities for the playthrough.

I'm thinking that perhaps there can be some combat utility items, or equip-able items for non psi characters to counter certain psi abilities, such as:

1. Bilocation. Something that can invoke Neural Overload on the most basic level that can kill a doppelganger, but not efficient enough to be used in regular combat. (Yes, there is the Psi Beetle Brain in a Jar utility item, but that's a random event item, and it isn't guaranteed to invoke a particular ability.)
2. Temporal Distortion: A combat utility item (something like Ethan's Strange Medallion, which I haven't used before) which can reduce damage taken from Temporal Distortion, or something similarly beneficial.

In the meantime, these items could also be placed in specific spots where ONLY ONE skill can grant access to it, and it cannot be obtained anywhere else or through any other method.
I'm a former Runescape player [5], so I understand what's it like to have a quest progress point passable with only one skill, and nothing else. Example: Level 77 Agility is required to navigate the ruins of the destroyed realm of Kethsi [6] in order to reach an inner location where the player can find a journal that contains vital information, and only then will they be allowed to proceed with the quest [7]. The skill level is NOT something that can be reached with 'boosts', items like foodstuffs that temporally accelerate the skill to reach the required level. [7, Quest walkthrough: "This is where you will be needing the level 77 Agility requirement, and can not continue the quest without it, and boosts can not be used to reach it."]

Thus, my idea is that certain special/unique combat utility, equip-able items, and by extension: blueprints, can be locked behind certain situations where only one skill can reach it.
Example 1: A unique item, whatever it is, can only be reached with 13 agility (not boostable) by navigating some destroyed ruins, and there is no other way to reach it. Much like the lake area in the cave lab in the Compound, where only characters with high agility can reach the crafting components, and there is no other way to do so.
Example 2: A unique blueprint behind a locked door that cannot be obtained in any other way, except by pick-locking the door. I thought this was the case with the Hypercerebrix blueprint in the Nexus of Technology, but it turns out that the Lemurian Grand Archive has one in every playthrough as well.

There are probably other methods to create this particular 'scenario' with other skills. Like... only with enough gun/crossbow skill can you shoot a far away target, only then will a bridge activate and allow the player character to cross a seemingly bottomless chasm. This is referencing: For a player to gain entry into Armadyl's Eyrie (A fortress in Runescape), they'll need to throw a stone at a gong. If they hit the target they'll be transported across the chasm which separates the fortress and the main battleground. Without Level 70 Ranged (Bows) skill they'll miss the throw, and boosts will not work [8].

That's my two cents, thank you.

[1] First meeting, introduction: "Hello. I am called Petra. I am pleased to be meeting with... uh, no. I am pleased to have met you!"
[2] Church Choir singing: "Learning these things gives me great difficult... uh, difficulty." (Reduced experience gain in Faith skill as a consequence)
[3] Mastering a fighting class before the 5 year timeskip which advances the story: "My understanding has completion!"
[4] Mastering a fighting class after the 5 year timeskip which advances the story: "My understanding is complete."
[5] Profile: https://apps.runescape.com/runemetrics/app/overview/player/WeiJayTan010
[6] Location info page and gallery: https://runescape.wiki/w/Kethsi
[7] This part of the quest: https://runescape.wiki/w/Ritual_of_the_Mahjarrat#The_Ruins_of_Kethsi
[8] Location info page: https://runescape.wiki/w/Armadyl%27s_Eyrie
There are some cheesy things I prefer to avoid too, but in general you have to play the game that exists, not the one you want to exist.  When my 3 con tm psiblade fought the Masters, the time slicer got two distortions on me (which is still a fuckton of damage cuz they have busted stats) and I barely survived due to aegis and morphine.  Aside from hammers, the best belt imo for melee characters is the doctors pouch, and you really ought to be taking advantage of it.
Alternatively, aegis and morphine/nervo.

Ah, yeah, those medicines... I forgot. Well...
I often avoid using Morphine shots/Nervosomnifiers for low hp/agile characters, because of my thoughts that: "If your don't feel pain, you don't get hurt." doesn't make sense to me.  Using the Aegis drug with a 15% reduction? Okay.
Using Morphine or Nervosomnifiers for a high constitution character? That's okay for me.
I never actually tried stacking those medicines to achieve very high 'all' damage reduction, just so you know.
This is just my preference, though. Don't take this the wrong way.
Just don't get hit.

Alternatively, aegis and morphine/nervo.
Temporal Distortion: With the Heavy Duty DLC there are more enemies who can use it. As of yet, there isn't a method to remove or reduce the damage caused by Temporal Distortion, which ignores shields and 50% of damage resistance/threshold for mechanical and energy damage. This makes it particularly dangerous for agile/low hp characters.

Perhaps in the future, there should be a method to counter this particular move, much like how antidotes can be used to counter poisons. With the present abilities of Temporal Manipulation, I have a few ideas in mind, but I'm sure the developers also have other ideas for Temporal Manipulation in mind.

In any case, here are my ideas:
1. Stasis: Currently, while under the effects of stasis, cooldowns progress, but status effects (positive, ie. Psycho Temporal Acceleration; negative, ie. Knee Wound, Temporal Distortion) will not progress. Perhaps, while under Stasis, Temporal Distortion can still progress, allowing it to expire but the PC will resist all the damage. A simple countermeasure but requires high investment in Temporal Manipulation/late game time.
2. Psycho Temporal Acceleration: Casting this on self/on an ally will remove all temporal distortion debuffs from the target.
3. Stasis: Casting it on a neutral or allied npc (in combat situations only) will not cause immediate hostilities.
  a. Casting Stasis on Rassophore Nevil in RAF13 will cause him to turn hostile, even if the player wanted to keep them from taking damage from the sentry bots.
  b. (Did not test this myself) I think casting Stasis on Yahota will cause her, and by extension the rest of Aegis Inc, to turn hostile. However, what if the player wanted to keep her shielded from
     incoming enemies? Close calls are possible for a character with low hp like her. It can apply to generic sec troopers as well.
4. Precognition: Grants additional detection and trap detection ratings. Like a sixth sense feature.
Builds / A Perfect Slice - a DOMINATING knife build, very OP & very Fun
« Last post by peet on Today at 02:37:03 am »
A Perfect Slice

Knife is my favorite melee, and this is build is the product of a few iterations on knife builds. The end result is something that works so well together, it's almost a little too good. Enjoy!

https://underrail.info/build/?HgMQBwkDAwUAwqAAwqAowqBQACoAAFlcDy1eAAAAwqAAS0QrYsKDJiQTBjzCh0tREk7CgTHCs3vChcKtGsKbw47inY0G4qe-BuKouwPfvg

Highlights
- Insane damage
- 5 AP attacks
- Excellent mobility
- Decent survivability
- Always go first
- Min-maxed skills

About the Build

Knives have a ton of crit damage, scale off of dex (which also reduces their attack cost), and have several ways to boost their crit chance. To attack with a knife, you need to get to the enemy, so there's a bit of a focus on movement points to make sure you can reach your enemy. This build takes these factors into consideration and to the furthest extent possible, resulting in a pretty overpowered but very fun build.

By the time the build is fully complete, you have ~400% crit damage, 90% crit chance when buffed, 37 initiative, >100 movement points, and 5AP attacks that do like 500 damage each.

Feats:

The goal here is to stack as much crit as possible, which leads to considering Survival Instincts for the Juicy +30% crit. Unfortunately you can't fit ripper in with 18 dex, survival instincts, cheap shots, and fancy footwork, so there ends up being no room for Ripper. The ripper version of this build has no SI. I've played both versions, and this version is superior.

A bit more on why SI is better than Ripper: when this build gets up and running, most enemies die to a crit. Ripper doesn't affect your first crit, just affects your subsequent hits. Additionally, you lose SI if you want Ripper (the other stuff you'd have to give up is even more important), thus losing 30-50% of your crit chance. So ripper applies 30-50% less of the time, since now you're critting even less frequently. I think it might help with hard bot encounters, but with Expose Weakness, Kukuri, EMPs, and corrosive acid, you have plenty of way of destroying those encounters.

Offensive Feats
Survival Instincts: +30% crit
Trigger Happy: 7 int, takes you up to 37 init which is 10 more than Coil Spiders. You will pretty much always go first.
Opportunist: Nice damage boost when you need it
Cheap Shots: massive boost to crit damage and 1/6 chance to incap. Amazing.
Taste for Blood: +50% damage for pretty much every fight. Amazing
Psycho-Temporal Acceleration: +20 AP
Critical Power: massive boost to crit damage
Fatal Throw: At 18 dex, your throws can generate up to net 18AP for you per turn.
Expose Weakness: Nice for big bots
Recklessness: More crit
Increased Dexterity: Gets you to 5AP attacks on tungsten knife with eel sandwich
Blindsiding: +15% damage

Mobility Feats
Fancy Footwork: Each attack gives you MP. Massive benefit with 5AP attacks
Flight Response: +25 MP all the time because of its awesome synergy with Survival Instincts

Defensive Feats
Nimble: Gets your armor penalty down to zero and boosts your evasion significantly
Escape Artist: Nice for nets, can probably skip with your high evasion. I've ended up using it like 5 times.
Brutality: A fun feat, works well even at 75 intimidation. Can skip.

Spec:
Fatal Throw AP +3
Crit Damage +6
Cheap Shots Crit Damage: +6

Gear:
Head: Either deaths grin or a TM headband
Body: Infused rathound leather for, you guessed it, more crit
Belt: Dr's Pouch for 2AP meds, or Large Waist Pack for Al Phabet role play
Feet: Tabis, either black cloth or siphoner
Shield: Low Low Efficient
Utilities: Throwing Knives, Taser, Flashbang, Nail Grenades, EMPs

Weapons:
The best knife is a Tungsten Combat knife (most damage), and Super Steel Combat Knife for dodgy Enemies. Daggers do a little more damage for living creatures, but those never give you any trouble.

Energy edge emitter isn't really worth it, lots of the tough bots (nagas, strongmen, etc) have some amount of energy resistance. The best emitter is electroshock.

I also use serrated TiChrome for random shitty mobs for 5 AP attacks without eating my precious eel sandwiches, nor having to use nail bombs for TfB stacks.

A quick note on skills: you can drop TM to good ol 70 for more wiggle room with skills. Crafting and mercantile are min-maxed to use drugs, benches, gear, etc to hit breakpoints and craft end game gear.

To give you an idea of the power of the build: I was able to do the invasions without losing any Aegis troopers on my first attempt. Most enemies die in one hit. The only real troublesome enemies are bots.

Bugs / Last round of corrosive acid cooked shot root becomes normal acid
« Last post by Eidein on Today at 01:34:29 am »
If you shoot a cooked shot with the last vial of corrosive in your clip and it entangles someone it turns into normal acid.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10