Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Bugs / Gunslinger's Tactics against Greater Coil Spiders
« Last post by WeiJayTan on April 28, 2024, 05:02:33 pm »
When set to the option to 'Avoid engaging enemies', the Gunslinger still triggers combat from stealth when he sees the Greater Coil Spiders in the mall in his sights.
Builds / Help Improve My build
« Last post by W on April 28, 2024, 03:49:40 pm »
tell me how to improve this even further,metathermics for cryostasis and exothermic aura,not really planning to use metal armour and hence only 7 strength,any modifications i should make to improve this build?
Builds / Optimal non-psi hammer build
« Last post by harperfan7 on April 28, 2024, 06:07:06 am »
https://underrail.info/build/?Hg0HBwoDAwMAcwDCoB4AAGwAAADCkcKFTl19AAAAAFwwQzkmLWMWTgg8VVBgGR9iwrZUS8OO4qGHBOKijAPioo0D4qOTBd--

I posted this in Hammer Wizard's hammer bible thread, but I think it deserves its own thread.  It's been known forever that some mp boosts ignore armor penalty, like sprint and contraction.  What was not widely known was that hit & run would ignore armor penalty when refunding those boosts (thanks to Peet for this discovery).  Now we have a consistent way for a 95% ap tank to move around the battlefield.  This build is essentially a full tungsten tank but it has the ability to move from enemy to enemy without wasting action points.  Jumping bean and the drifter tattoo provide some mp when sprint is on cooldown. 

Another thing that's somewhat recent is spiked hammers and the way the damage from spikes is calculated.  Basically, each spike gets bonus damage from certain sources (most notably Super Slam).  Quake is your off-hand weapon, because it can proc opportunist via daze, but also because it dazes as an AoE.  An AoE daze is superb; not only does it make enemies slower and have less ability to attack on their turn, it boosts your own damage.  The AoE also does some decent damage of its own.  So you want a spiked tichrome hammer in one hand, and Quake in the other.  The spiked hammer can be poisoned, and quake can have blasting caps and CACs.  Also, since you'll spend a good deal of combat dazed yourself due to Thick Skull, you'll be happy to know that a tichrome hammer (17 ap) and Quake (18ap) can be used once each for 35 ap. 

I played through most of the game with a 3 dex 10 agi version of this (for strider and blitz) and it was great, but I definitely felt the lack of escape artist.  With its addition, I feel its perfect.  Strider and blitz were nice to have but not necessary at all.  You don't need maxed strength since you aren't using any of the big boy hammers, and with taste for blood and opportunist, your damage is plenty good enough.  The serrated blades on your armor will sometimes proc a bleed on your enemies, allowing you to get tfb started (but you also get a stack whenever you kill somebody, so it was already a decent choice for hammers), and with nail-bombs you can jumpstart it basically instantly if you want. 

Some people will scoff at grenadier, but since we're only using it for nail-bombs and flashbangs, I don't feel its egregious.  If you still can't stand it, take trigger happy so you can win initiative a decent amount of the time or at least not go dead last.
General / Re: Any special places where the Camera Jammer is really useful?
« Last post by ciox on April 27, 2024, 05:56:53 pm »
I mean truly useful as in it lets you accomplish something that you couldn't do just by sneaking around.

That's a pretty narrow definition of "useful", more like "required". I remember only one place that may qualify: hacking two SGS room doors closest to Tanner's if you don't have Burglar. You could also destroy the camera with a TNT (standing in the bathroom doorway while arming it), but that feels like a bug since normally dealing damage to SGS cameras makes SGS hostile. BTW, Waylon comes out to investigate the destroyed camera, and I like to use this moment to pickpocket his keycard and lock him out of the surveillance room. The same prank also works with Masha at Engineering Level, but you don't even need to destroy the camera, just start doing something suspicious like arming a trap, and Masha will come out to investigate once you're detected (and in contrast to Private Quarters, being detected here won't turn SGS hostile).

Potentially, Camera Jammer could also be needed to steal the Freighter from Ray's pier, but sadly, the weird anti-theft mechanic there allows you to spend only a small amount of game ticks riding a stolen jet ski in the camera range regardless of whether you're seen, and the Freighter speed is capped so you can't bypass this limit even if you install the best engines in the game. You still need Camera Jammer to steal the Scrap Jet since you have to be in the camera range to hotwire it, but there is no reason to do that given that you can steal the Skimmer or the Scooter instead.

Well I phrased it like that because what Camera Jammer does by default, is more like a small QoL boost, as cameras are rarely that hard to sneak past.

I was hoping there's more stuff you can do but thanks for the input anyway guys, at least we'll have a reference thread on Camera Jammer or something.
Suggestions / Re: n16 refurbish suggestion
« Last post by ciox on April 27, 2024, 05:51:37 pm »
Yeah, that would be quite cool.

I believe there would be a question about "but... how do you load 2 ammo types in one gun???"
This part could be made to work the way Protectorate Gun Lube works, since that already lets you enhance a weapon separately from the ammo used. Or maybe it's just another invoker ability to load a 40mm grenade into the M16. Whatever works.
Bugs / Re: Report spelling/grammar errors
« Last post by yako on April 27, 2024, 03:47:36 pm »
Reverse green - white color due to a missing ":"
Bugs / Scan Call Overload is not properly preserved on save/reload
« Last post by Phr3ak on April 27, 2024, 02:07:16 pm »
If you use Camera Jammer on a camera and save/reload, the Scan Call Overload effect is reset to 0%.
« Last post by Phr3ak on April 27, 2024, 02:01:13 pm »
I remember only one place that may qualify: hacking two SGS room doors closest to Tanner's if you don't have Burglar.

I thought I'd checked that long ago, but looks like it's a false memory. I dug up an old save and went to check, and it turns out Camera Jammer's slowdown is capped at 100%, which is not enough to hack those doors (in contrast, Burglar gives you 4x speed up).
« Last post by Phr3ak on April 27, 2024, 10:04:35 am »
I mean truly useful as in it lets you accomplish something that you couldn't do just by sneaking around.

That's a pretty narrow definition of "useful", more like "required". I remember only one place that may qualify: hacking two SGS room doors closest to Tanner's if you don't have Burglar. You could also destroy the camera with a TNT (standing in the bathroom doorway while arming it), but that feels like a bug since normally dealing damage to SGS cameras makes SGS hostile. BTW, Waylon comes out to investigate the destroyed camera, and I like to use this moment to pickpocket his keycard and lock him out of the surveillance room. The same prank also works with Masha at Engineering Level, but you don't even need to destroy the camera, just start doing something suspicious like arming a trap, and Masha will come out to investigate once you're detected (and in contrast to Private Quarters, being detected here won't turn SGS hostile).

Potentially, Camera Jammer could also be needed to steal the Freighter from Ray's pier, but sadly, the weird anti-theft mechanic there allows you to spend only a small amount of game ticks riding a stolen jet ski in the camera range regardless of whether you're seen, and the Freighter speed is capped so you can't bypass this limit even if you install the best engines in the game. You still need Camera Jammer to steal the Scrap Jet since you have to be in the camera range to hotwire it, but there is no reason to do that given that you can steal the Skimmer or the Scooter instead.

Bugs / Old Ib & sons' hostility is reset on save/reload
« Last post by Phr3ak on April 26, 2024, 03:02:34 pm »
Attacking any of them makes all of them hostile. But after save/reload only the guy who was attacked remains hostile, and the rest is reset to unfriendly (though any of them who sees another one who is hostile will become permanently hostile)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10