Author Topic: Report spelling/grammar errors  (Read 201613 times)

Cush

• Noob
    • View Profile
Re: Report spelling/grammar errors
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2013, 12:24:56 pm »
Hadrian Tanner

Tanner hold (holds) both of his hands up to ease the tension, before turning to you. What do you think, PlayerName?

1. I think I'll leave the politics up to you guys.

2. etc

Mysterious Pillars

As time passes you lose the perception of the world around you. You can no longer hear the water dripping from the cave ceiling or the insects skittering amount (amongst) the mushrooms. etc

Jenny

This woman doesn't appear (appears) to be delirious from blood loss and more importantly - poison. If she doesn't receive an antidote soon, she will surely die. Cliif... is that you?

1. Administer the antidote and help her outside.
2. Leave her be.

Old Jonas

You can find him in the under-passage of the Lower Underrail not far from SGS. Just head out north past our station and take one of the stairs down. Look for his shop is down there. etc

agris

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2013, 12:26:54 am »
'treshold' -> 'threshold'

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2014, 10:25:04 am »
Fixed everything above. Some changes to item descriptions and the like will only apply to new items, though.

RonniDeWorm

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2014, 03:43:37 pm »
Vera Hale: (when you ask her about core city)

"It's a city to the north that spans both levels of underrail. It servers as both a gateway to the Upper Underrail and to the United Stations territories to the north "

servers --> serves

--> ... a gateway to both the Upper Underrail  and the United Stations territories to the north
(now it looks like it serves as something other than a gateway, but you don't mention the other thing)

Prophet

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2014, 11:23:05 pm »
I've found a lot of typos / grammar errors and I'm going to post here all I've found (sorry, if someone else posted some of those before, but I'm assuming that if someone did, Styg would have fixed this by now).

SGS, Arlene: "I heard it's much worse up north. Something about a Union's frieghter crashing and getting buried on a side rail near The Core. Man, I can already imagine..." - despite playing as a female character, she refers to my character as 'man'.

Tranquilizing Bolt description: "When fired from a crossbow this bolt that purposely limited amount of damage..." - "crossbow, this bolt does purposely limited amount of damage..."

Antithermic Rathound Leather Overcoat description: "Its surface material can somewhat reflects the high radiant..." - "can somewhat reflect the high radiant..."

SGS, Quinton: "If you meet one, be careful. It will spit tick hard spines at you..." - should be 'thick hard', I think (tick is an insect and I don't think you meant that burrower is shooting hard insects, right? : D

SGS, Old Jonas: "Oh if you are heading there, could you do me a favor. I was scavenging..." - "Oh, if you are heading there, could you do me a favor? I was scavenging..."

SGS, Old Jonas: "lass, don't think there's much to do..." - "Lass, don't think..." (capitalization)

SGS, Old Jonas: "It's covered with...ugh, you're right - best that I don't know." - I think there should be one space after '...' - "It's covered with... ugh, you're right..."

SGS, Tanner: "Good work, Player. We can now start the restoration process. Here are your credits.
1. Excellent. So what's next on the agenda." -  "So what's next on the agenda?"

Celeritas River, Mordre: "How about a health hypo." - "How about a health hypo?"

That's all I have for now, but I'll post more, if I see any.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:45:59 pm by Prophet »

Prophet

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2014, 03:13:40 pm »
SGS, Big Bret (after finishing his task): "Eventually, yes. But until then I need to keep track of them, and it's easier if their given names." - "if they are given names."

GMS, Gorsky: "We're trying to bo break into that vault over there, but it's not going too well.
1. What's so important about that vault." - "1. What's so important about that vault?"

SGS, Tanner (explaining about Junkyard, last line): "Essie or Jonas can give you instructions how to get there." - "Essie or Jonas can give you instructions on how to get there."

SGS, Vera Hale (questioning her about trade documents): "Tanner mentioned you need some documents delivered to an embassy in Junkyard?" - "Tanner mentioned you need some documents delivered to an embassy in Junkyard."

Package delivery quest - one of the bandit says "Quicky, kill him" even if you're character is female.

Junkyard, Kareem: "It's also called 'Depot A' It's closed off section of the Junkyard were some sort of an accident..." - "It's closed off section of the Junkyard where some sort of an accident..."

Junkyard, Vince: "You'll pay like everyone else. Besides, what's a couple of charons for you SGS folk." - "Besides, what's a couple of charons for you SGS folk?"

Junkyard, Katherine: "Well rabid mutated dogs for one, that much I know myself." - "Well, rabid mutated dogs for one, that much I know myself."

Junkyard, Silas (asking him about Black Eels): "Tell me about the Black Eels? Are you the head honcho?" - "Tell me about the Black Eels. Are you the head honcho?"

Junkyard, Silas: "So you up for this?
2. Besides this, how many more favors I need to do you before I've get to the wormhole?" - I think this should be more like: "Besides this, how many more favors I need to do you before I'll get access to the wormhole?"

Oh, and there's a weird bug in the ladder encounter in GMS (raiders and the old man). In that particular dialog it is impossible to choose any answer with keyboard shortcuts - you can only use mouse to do so.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2014, 11:01:02 am »
Fixed all of the above. Keep in mind that some of the text will not be updated in the ongoing games (generated items, local items such as keys, etc).

Oh, and there's a weird bug in the ladder encounter in GMS (raiders and the old man). In that particular dialog it is impossible to choose any answer with keyboard shortcuts - you can only use mouse to do so.

This seems to occur sometimes regardless of the dialog in question. I'll look into it at some point.

Keep it coming. Only YOU can prevent the butchering of the English language.

Aralvar

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2014, 07:36:58 pm »
What I've noticed so far, sorry if these have already been mentioned:

Talking to Grover "off hook" should be "off the hook".

Sledgehammer description should start with "A sledgehammer" or "The sledgehammer" not "sledgehammer".

Ship captain "save your story for barrel fire" should be "save your story for a barrel fire"

Three thugs outside of Junkyard, says "Bandit enters combat." should be "Thug enters combat."

Pig hide has rathound hide description.

I'll post more when I find them.

Jazhara7

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2014, 07:55:06 pm »
Doc in Foundry, when being asked about the mine creatures.

"Getting pierced, clawed, torn to peaces[...]"

Should be "pieces"

Prophet

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2014, 08:30:47 pm »
New version out so I started another playthrough, noting every error or other kind of spelling bug on my way through the game.

Character Creation / Level Up, Guns Skill description: "Also, the higher your skill level, the more advance weapons you can wield effectively." - "the more advanced weapons you can wield..."

Character Creation / Level Up, Methathermics Skill description: "Ability of mind to..." - "Ability of the mind to..."

Stealth Mode ability description: "To successfully hide from someone, they need to keep out of their sight for a while." - "To successfully hide from someone, you need to keep out of their sight for a while."

Game options, Interface tab - there is a column of 'Scrolling Combat Text' and one of these reads: "Resists And" - I guess there is the rest of this text, but we just can't see it, as it's too long for that column.

SGS, Gorsky (target practice quest): "You use the console to set the target distance, right." - don't know about the exact intention, but this should either be: "to set the target distance, right?", or more likely: "to set the right target distance".

Scope description: "It can be mounted crossbows and rifles to increase the weapon's precision." - "It can be mounted on crossbows..."

Shock Bolt description: "Use: Shoots this bolt striking the target" - while not exactly a typo, all other special bolts start with "Use: Shoots this bolt from a crossbow..." Kind of a matter of consistency : P

Smart Lens description: "This lens can interact..." - "Those lens can interact..."

SGS, Ezra: after coming back to him while he 'teleported' you on the island, he says "Only what you wanted. Consider that first lesson free of charge." and there seems to be an extra (or two) new lines after that, as the dialog options are way too lower than usual.

Magnesium Powder description: "Magnesium powder is high flammable..." - "Magnesium powder is highly flammable..."

Racki Dumatre

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2014, 04:14:44 pm »
SGS, Pasquale - When asking him about the Faceless invasion, he says "it's exiting"  should be "exciting".

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2014, 06:30:13 pm »
Vera Hale on joining United States:
"what is your opinion on the matter"
"what is your opinion on this matter" ?

Old Jonas:
"been crawling through them tunnels"
"been crawling through the tunnels" ?

Grover after not killing him:
"Doing good, man?" if PC is a woman

LightningMonk

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2014, 04:00:33 am »
The corpses that appear in the mines near The Beast are named "Faseless Corpse" rather than Faceless.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2014, 02:39:07 pm »
When talking to Clifton he says "Greetings, I'm Clitfon--" instead of Clifton. *giggle*

When talking to Harold about the battery system, you are given the option to bargain for a higher pay. But the options says [Barter] when it should be [Mercantile] for a skill check.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:32:11 pm by Eliasfrost »

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2014, 07:03:53 am »
At the Junkyard, right outside the United Stations Embassy I'm talking to Second Lieutenant Garren and when I select the option, "4. You don't have any jurisdiction over this place, right?" He replies with:

"The Junkyard is not part of the Protectorate, no. But be advised that the embassy is sovereign territory of the Protectorate and that I'm allowed and required to act to prevent and/or counteract any action that might endanger it or its staff regardless or jurisdictional boundaries."

The bolded 'or' should be an 'of'.

-

balaclava blueprint description:
headfear -> headwear or headgear

Headfear :D It makes sense because Balaclavas boost intimidate.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 05:30:16 pm by bushwhacker2k »